Chapter 19

"What's this?" Noah asked. I wanted him to hand me my bag from my dresser. I looked over to see him holding a purple moleskin journal.

"Give me that!" I said, rushing to his side.

"Is this your diary, Gabriella?" He said, amusement laced in his voice. "Dear diary," he continued with a high-pitched voice, "When will he notice me? I just want him to be mine!" He laughed. I snatched the book from his hands, my cheeks a furious red. "When was that?" He was cackling unattractively.

"It was back in England." I mumbled. His laughter slowed.

"Who was it about?" He asked, a strange tone to his voice.

"I wrote that when I was in first year. I don't even remember who it was about."

"Well," He drew out, his voice like velvet- wait, what? "Did he ever become yours?" He asked, the last part in a high-pitched voice.

"That's none of your business! We need to get to school." I grabbed my bags, my face a deep red.

"I'll give you a ride." He offered. I pondered it, my heart seeming to speed up.

"I usually ride with Alex.." I drew out. He stepped a little closer.

"He's gone by this time and my bike would get us there faster."

"You mean your motorcycle? Like the two-wheeled death machine in the driveway?" He chuckled at my terrified expression. "Don't laugh at me! It's a very rational fear, thank you very much!" He started laughing.

"It's perfectly harmless!" He laughed.

"Millions of people die on those motorcycles than they do in cars! Why would I ever volunteer myself to ride on that?" I asked him incredulously.

"Well, it's either the bike or you walk." He shrugged, heading towards the door.

"Fine! This is the only time I'm ever riding in that satanic automobile." I told him, walking past him and down the stairs.

"Gabby!" I heard from behind me. "I wanted to say bye." Angela said, coming in front of me. "Remember what I told you." She threatened, wrapping her arms around me. "I don't want any police showing up at my door, ok?" I nodded mutely, waiting for her to leave.

"Goodbye, Angela." Noah's voice spoke for me.

"Bye, Noah." She waggled her fingers, obviously flirting. A knot formed in the pit of my stomach watching the exchange. "Remember what I told you, ok?" Her fake sweetness was sickening. She left through the front door swiftly, leaving me a mess. I could barely breath and I felt like I was going to pass out any second. I felt muscular arms wrap around my shoulders, seeming to guard me from the world. I wrapped my arms around Noah's waist, reveling in the feeling of his embrace.

*~*~*~*

"Never again!" I shouted, hobbling off the motorcycle unsteadily. Noah was laughing, dimples caving into his cheeks.

"It wasn't that bad!" He said.

"You do that everyday! I get in there and you want to swerve all over the rode!" He laughed, again.

During the ten minute journey, Noah had managed to swerve in different directions all over the ride. Not to mention, narrowly miss a huge pothole.

"You loved it. You had your arms around me the whole time." He said smugly, throwing his arm around my shoulders. I laughed at his cockiness, shoving him.

"That was the worst part." I teased him. He laughed as we walked up to the school entrance.

"Noah." Someone called from behind us. We turned to see Laura walking- or sashaying- towards us. I took a step away from Noah. "I've missed you, baby!" She said, throwing her arms around his neck, her lips attacking him. She looked at me while she kissed him.

"I'm just going to go." I said awkwardly, walking away from them. I walked into the school, heading straight for my first class. I walked into math, sitting in my usual seat. The bell rang, which signaled the teacher to start his lesson with which I tuned out, not knowing when this would become useful in life.

*~*~*~*

Walking into the lunch room, I wondered where Reese was. She was usually the only person I ever talked to and she wasn't in any of our classes.

I noticed people's gazes shift toward me whenever I passed them, whispers erupting at tables. This had been happening most of the day.

"Hey, Gabby! You got any matches?" I looked up at the jock I had punched at the party, my heart thudding from his question. He saw the look on my face and laughed, heading back to his friends.

I sat at my normal table, waiting for Dustin and Jane to get there.

"Where's Reese at?" Dustin asked, sitting down.

"She went to some doctor." Jane shrugged.

"Boo." Dustin frowned. Not long after that he went on a small tangent about his visit with his boyfriend. He gushed about how sweet it was, and, being the amazing person I am, I tuned him out.

I looked around the lunchroom, noticing the people staring at me. I noticed someone walking out of the cafeteria, their blonde hair familiar. I didn't think too much into it. I looked over to the table that day dead center to the cafeteria, noticing Noah sitting with Laura. They were whispering about something, a weird feeling developing in the pit of my stomach. Suddenly, Laura stood. She stepped on to the lunch table, her heels catching the attention of the whole room. She cleared her throat.

"Most of you here know my friend, Gabriella Stone. For those who don't know, she's the new girl. I'm sure everyone here has heard the rumors." She smiled at me, a sickening grin. "I would like to tell you all a story." My heart was drumming against my rib cage, the fear of what was about to come swirling through my veins. "Once there was a little British girl. She was known throughout the school as a goody-two-shoes loser." Laura sneered. Students were staring at me while others stated at Laura, fully into the story. "This little girl went to a party one night." No. "We all know that parties involve alcohol, so, going against her status, she got drunk. Not the fun drunk, but all out, unattractive drunk." She was laughing in the silent room. My mind was racing. "Later that night, a fire was set. Gabriella Stone killed her family in a fire."

Whispers erupted throughout the room, my heart speeding faster than I thought possible. This can't be happening.

"Is that true, Gabby?" Dustin asked me.

I couldn't breath. My voice was not coming out. I could barely process the events that occurred. I could faintly hear students throwing insults at me.

"Murderer"

"You deserve to burn."

"Why would you kill your family?"

"Psycho!"

I stood from the chair I was in, and sprinted out of the cafeteria. I ran, not knowing where I was going. I found an empty classroom, opened the door, and sank to the floor. Sobs racked my body, my chest literally aching.

This cannot be happening.

*~*~*~*

So that just happened!

I apologize for the cliffhanger, I know I put a lot of those in my stories...

So this chapter was a bit longer than my others. YAY FOR LONG CHAPTERS.

I figured since you all were so amazing, I should give you all some excitement.

Don't worry though! More Nabby (Noah&Gabby) moments to come in later chapters!

Or I could have some Abby ( Alex&Gabby ) moments? Let me know what you want!!

Until next time my little bundles! :)

Vote. Comment. Share.