Chapter 28

"You can't do things like that, Rex! You can't just kiss people!" I told him as I backed away. I turned, leaving my bathroom.

"I can't help who I have feelings for, Gabby, you said so yourself!" Rex hopped off the counter, following me into my room.

"I didn't say that, you did! And you said was that you would show me the person you have feelings for! You can't just kiss me!" I told him.

"Come on, Gabby! Don't be like that, you know you didn't mind me kissing you." He smirked, coming closer to me.

"Actually, I did mind you kidding me. There are too many unwanted kisses going on in this world and it kind of pisses me off. Especially you!" I pointed at him, backing away from him.

"Why 'especially me'? What's so wrong with me?" He asked, offended.

"You're Noah's best friend! You can't just kiss me!"

"Why not? Just because I'm his friend doesn't mean I can't kiss someone."

"You can kiss anyone you want to, but not me!" I ran my hands through my hair.

"Why not?" He asked, exasperated.

"You said Noah hit you because you told him you have feelings for someone that he has feelings for too. You said you would show me who you had feelings for and then proceeded to kiss me! You kissed the girl your best friend has feelings for!"

"You didn't have to repeat it. I already knew that." He said, looking at me as if I'm crazy.

"Isn't it, like, 'bro code' or something? If Noah does have feelings for me then he had to have had them before you had them. Isn't that, like, an unspoken rule? Not to kiss the girl your best friend has feelings for?"

"Noah has never followed the bro code, so I never felt the need to follow it either." Rex said, sitting on my bed.

"Get off of my bed, get out of my room! I don't need someone on my bed who probably has been in many other girls' beds." Rex just looked at me, an amused smile on his face.

"Would you let Noah sit on your bed? You do know that he has been with almost every girl in our school, right?"

I chuckled, "Actually, that's you. Don't try to fool anyone with your nice guy act. I don't like fuckboys." I smirked. "And I'm positive you don't have feelings for me. You're just living up to your title." I opened my door, gesturing outside of it. "Bye bye now." I smiled at him.

"The rumors around school haven't let up and I'm sure now that they're true. You are a slut." He sneered, passing me.

"So clever! Haven't heard that one before." I said, slamming my door shut.

I walked over to my bed, collapsing backwards.

Noah sure walked in at the wrong time. I have no idea why I like him other than the obvious. I mean, it's hard not to get feelings for a guy who has kissed you multiple times.

I heard my door open, and whoever it was who opened it stepped inside. I lifted my head, my eyes landing on James. I let my head fall back on the bed.

"He hates me." I said.

James chuckled, sitting on the bed next to me. "He was hurt to see you with that guy, but he doesn't hate you."

"No, he hates me. I'm sure of it. Either way, I was just trying to be nice to Rex. He was the one that kissed me."

"Well, don't be so nice." I sat up, looking at James.

"I can't not be nice to people! He was hurt, and I knew how to take care of it so I did. I didn't know he was going to kiss me!"

"Rex is a classic player who has literally no self control." James said, laughing.

I laughed, too, "You're right! He's a prime example of what a fuckboy is."

"I don't think I've heard that term used before, but it makes sense." I nodded.

"I'm just so tired of guys right now." I said, leaning back on my hands.

"Speaking of tiring guys, what about Noah?" I groaned loudly. "Everybody knows you have feelings for him."

"Well, obviously he doesn't know or he wouldn't have run off like a two year old earlier." James chuckled.

"He might've thought you did and then saw you and Rex." He offered.

"Either way he was upset and I probably ruined any sliver of a chance I had with him." I ran my hands over my face, groaning.

"You still have a chance with him. If you and Alex didn't veer his feelings for you, then you and Rex surely won't."

"I really like him. I don't know how it happened- I didn't even think it were possible!" I laughed.

"I know he likes you, too, Gabby. I mean, constantly making out with a guy kind of helps them develop feelings." I gasped, shoving his shoulder.

"He was the one to always kiss me! I can't help it if he's a good kisser." I shrugged, smiling.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that. Not something I want to hear from about my brother." James laughed, shaking his head.

"In legitimate seriousness, what should I do? I do like him- a lot actually- and I don't want to screw things up."

"In legitimate seriousness, you need to clear the air."

"What do you mean 'clear the air'?" I wrinkles my eyebrows in confusion.

"School is out soon and you will be in this house for a while. There are plenty of people who might not like you a whole lot."

"I guess you're right." I sighed, "I guess it's time to confront my demons." James nodded.

"And you know I don't mean just those here, right?" I looked at James as if he were crazy.

"I'm not speaking to any of those people you are thinking about. I can't!"

"You can and you need to." I sighed, unsure of his sanity.

I guess it really is time to confront my demons.

*~*~*~*

Hello lovelies!

Longtime no see. Well for me anyways. Summer has started and mine started off full force. I survived a week of bootcamp! Well it was a cadet leadership course for my JROTC program at school. Fun, right? Not.

This story is beginning to settle down and getting close to the end. I don't know how many chapters are left but there shouldn't be too many. Until next time, my little bundles!

Vote. Comment. Share.