Chapter 4

Louis found out what was going on with him later that night, and he felt as though he should have known from the beginning since it was not the first time he had gone into heat. The signs were clear. Why Harry's scent had been more prominent to him than usual, why he had woken up before the alarm, why he hadn't been able to eat lunch, why he had started sweating in lecture and why all those alphas had been staring at him.

But Louis assumed he didn't connect the dots because the lust hadn't kicked in yet. If slick had begun leaking out of him, he would have known exactly what was happening, which was why he did connect the dots when he woke up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat with the sheets covered in slick. On top of that, he was painfully hard, his boxers soaked and uncomfortable.

"Fucking hell," he groaned, feeling grateful that Liam had decided to sleep in another room since he thought Louis was getting sick.

Going into heat was something Louis had always despised. Not only because it was disgusting to be drenched in his own sweat and slick, but also because of the vulnerability and desperation that came with it. He had always felt disgusted by the feeling of wanting an alpha to fulfill his needs, and the fact that it was inevitable only made him hate it even more.

As Louis got out of bed to head into the bathroom, he realized that his heat wasn't supposed to be due yet in another three weeks, and this only added to why he wasn't expecting it to be the reason he was feeling weird. Louis had never gone into heat earlier than he was supposed to before. His cycle had always been the same.

With that thought in mind, he entered the shower and turned on the cold water. He wasn't expecting his hard-on to go down, but it still felt like his body was on fire, so he wanted to cool down as much as possible.

Since Louis was always prepared for when his heats kicked in, he would have usually showered a long time ago, but that wasn't the case this time. The lust and desperation were more prominent now, and he could feel how it increased every second.

Squeezing his eyes shut, he gathered all his willpower not to touch himself because he knew if he did now, he wouldn't get out of this room until his heat was over.

With great difficulty, he managed to exit the shower a few minutes later, wrapping a towel around his waist. He knew he had to hurry if he didn't want to lose control of himself before leaving the dorm, so he quickly went into the room to pull a white t-shirt on along with a pair of black joggers. He didn't even bother putting on boxers, knowing they would get soaked within a few seconds anyway.

The last thing Louis did before leaving was to write a note to Liam, saying he had gone into heat and wouldn't be back for a couple of days. He placed it on Liam's nightstand, then hurried to get out of the room.

Since the heat dorms were already equipped with everything Louis would need the next couple of days, he didn't have to bring anything with him. A change of clothes would probably be a good idea for when it was over, though, but he didn't have time for that.

His heart pounded in his chest when he made his way through the empty corridor, his t-shirt clinging to his back. Beads of sweat were forming continuously on his forehead, and he didn't know if it was because he was fighting back his heat as much as he could or because he was so close to being entirely consumed by it. If he were honest, he didn't want to know the answer.

He eventually reached the dorms and walked into the first one he laid eyes on. Fortunately, it wasn't occupied.

The last thing he remembered before the heat took over his body and brain completely was laying down on the made-up bed and pulling his joggers down to finally get relief.