Chapter 18

When Louis woke up the next morning, the first thing he acknowledged was his pounding head. It wasn't as bad as it had been after the alpha party, but it was still bad enough to annoy him.

Grimacing, he blinked his eyes open and took in the room. Liam was lying on his bed, reading something on his phone. It surprised him since he must have returned much later than yesterday. "Why are you already up?"

Liam turned to him, instantly putting away his phone. "Good, you're awake," he said, propping himself into a sitting position. "You have a lot to explain."

Narrowing his eyes, Louis tried to think of what he meant. "Do I?"

"You smell of him, Louis. The whole room smells of him. If I hadn't spent the entire night here without seeing him, I'd think he's hiding somewhere."

Louis could feel his heart drop and a lump in his throat as realization hit him. It wasn't just a dream. He had helped Harry home last night. They had ridden back to campus with Harry's driver while Harry had rested his head on his shoulder, admitting Louis' scent was his favorite. And fuck, he had been so vulnerable, showing a side Louis had never seen before.

"Oh..." he trailed off, swallowing. "Shit."

"What happened?"

When Louis saw the curious look on Liam's face, he furrowed his brows. "Why do you look like I'm about to tell you good news? He could've harassed me, and you would have no idea."

Liam tilted his head to the side. "But he didn't," he predicted, a smile forming on his lips.

"Of course he didn't," Louis scoffed. "Why would Harry perfect Styles ever hurt an omega?"

"Now you're just taking the piss."

"Well, he bloody deserves it," he muttered, reaching for his phone on the bedside table to check the time. 10.12. He had slept for longer than he thought.

"You like him, don't you?"

Louis did a double-take, snapping his head in Liam's direction. "I thought we were already over this?" he huffed, his voice wavering slightly. "But to answer your question, he was drunk off his ass, so I brought him home because I'm the kindest person in the world. And I smell of him because he was clingy because of our connection."

"You sure that's all?"

"Yes."

"Then why was it you who brought him home? As far as I know, he was accompanied by a bunch of other people the whole night. Why didn't one of them take him home?" Liam asked, raising his brows knowingly.

Louis bit his lip, looking away from him. "He approached me when I was talking to Derek. There was no time to think until the damage was done. Besides, I'm not sure he would've let anyone else take him home. He barely let me do it, and I persuaded him because I can feel his emotions."

He had told Liam that he and Harry feeling each other's emotions was a thing now, and while that had come as a shock to him, he didn't seem very surprised by it. "Derek?"

"Yeah," Louis sighed. "He followed me to the bar, tried to apologize and shit."

"No surprise there," Liam snorted. "But he didn't do anything to you, did he?" He now sounded worried, his eyes showing it too.

Louis shook his head. "No, he was being friendly, thank god."

"Good," Liam nodded. "And you're okay otherwise too? No scent-marking or dropping?"

Louis shook his head. "No, I'm fine."

Everything was good if he didn't count how emotionally unstable he was. Great, even. He just didn't know how to handle how he felt and didn't feel about Harry. His feelings were all over the place, and last night didn't help.