Chapter 15

After that encounter, Louis did everything he could to ignore Harry. Whenever they crossed paths in the hallways, he looked away, and during the lectures, Louis focused on the professor or his schoolwork. He would be lying if he said he didn't find it difficult. He specifically found it hard when he would catch Harry's scent. His omega kept rebelling against him, trying to get him to at least acknowledge the alpha, but Louis never gave in.

He succeeded so well that he didn't even know if Harry was ignoring him in return. But he assumed he was, considering what he had told Louis in the bathroom the other day.

Fortunately for both of them, the alpha hadn't scented anyone in the hallways when Louis was around, and by anyone, he specifically meant Nathalie. He hadn't seen her with him since their interaction in the bathroom, and that was all he had asked for.

Louis had also been fortunate not to sit at a table near Nathalie's in the cafeteria, so he had not been forced to hear another conversation about Harry and how good he was in bed. He was grateful for that, but it had only been a few days, so he didn't want to get his hopes up in case his luck wouldn't continue the following week.

It was now Friday, and it was finally time for Louis and his friends to watch the new season of Stranger Things. He, Liam, Niall and Destiny had watched the first three seasons when they started university a year ago, so this was a moment they had been waiting for a long time.

Louis was sprawled out on one of the couches with his head against the armrest while his legs were on Liam's lap. Niall and Destiny were chilling on the other couch, their eyes focusing on the flatscreen with their feet propped on the coffee table.

For once, Louis didn't feel uncomfortable being in contact with someone else's body. He assumed it was because it was Liam and knew he wouldn't lay a finger on him. But if Louis really thought about it, he had been hesitant about Liam touching him only a couple of weeks ago, which... no, he decided not to put more thought into why that was.

"For fuck's sake, Niall. Stop poking me with your damn elbow," Destiny huffed, nudging the beta.

"Hey," Niall groaned, rubbing his rib with a frown. "I wasn't doing it on purpose. Stop hurting me."

Destiny sent him a glare. "You deserved it."

"If you're done fighting, can you please be quiet?" Liam muttered, sounding exasperated as he sent the two a tired look.

Niall's eyes widened. "Don't blame me. She's the one who broke the silence," he said, glancing at Destiny.

"If you'd just kept your damn arms to yourself, I wouldn't have said anything," she huffed.

"Alright," a male omega who had joined them sighed. "I'll go take a piss while you sort this out. Don't continue without me."

He got up from the armchair next to Niall and Destiny and left the room without another word. Meanwhile, Louis let out a deep sigh as he pressed his head further against the armrest. "At this point, we'll finish watching this episode by midnight."

Instead of replying, Liam reached for the remote on the coffee table and switched to the local news. Niall and Destiny were still bickering quietly, but they both went silent when they heard a familiar name being mentioned.

"It's now been a few weeks since the invasion of our district. Pack leader Harry Styles has ever since been in regular meetings alongside his uncle regarding the situation. Meanwhile, new allegations against pack leader Daniel Jones regarding the murders of the Styles family have been made. We have contacted Mr. Styles and his uncle about the matter, and this is what they have to say."

They cut to a video clip where Harry and his uncle stood beside each other with a microphone directed at them. Harry was wearing the same clothes he had worn to school today, so the interview must be recent.