Chapter 11

These three words couldn't escape Nia's and Tess's minds as they lay in bed, smiling as if there were no tomorrow.

Earlier that day

"Did you feel that?" said a speechless Tess.

"Yes, I did. It was amazing," said Nia, still not fully processing what had just happened.

They both sat on the only stair of the rooftop, Nia resting her head on Tess's shoulder.

"So, was that your plan?" wondered Tess, looking at the bouquet and bag still on the floor.

"To win you back?" Nia asked.

Tess simply nodded with a smile.

"I had thought about a big romantic gesture, dinner with candles, balloons, and a bouquet. I know those always make you cry with happiness when we watch those kinds of movies, so I thought I could do that to show how sorry I am and how much I care about you."

"Wow," giggled Tess. "Let's keep that idea for our anniversary."

"Anniversary?" said a surprised Nia.

"Yeah."

"Does that mean we are officially dating?" Nia lifted her head to face Tess.

"I don't know... Do you want to?" Tess asked.

"Tess, would you be my girlfriend?" Nia asked as she got up.

"Yes!" said Tess happily, lifting Nia into the air.

They hugged and slowly faced each other. A feeling of déjà vu swept through the air as they remembered that afternoon. But this time it was different; the gap between their lips grew smaller and smaller until they finally reached each other.

As their lips touched, birds began to sing in harmony, and a ray of sunshine broke through the clouds. They both caught their breath while giggling.

"Follow me!" said Tess, pulling Nia out of the building.

They started to run, dodging people along the way.

"Where are we going?" asked Nia.

"You'll see."

Soon enough, they arrived at the park. Children were running around, and families were having picnics.

"The park!" exclaimed Nia.

"Let's go!" said Tess, running toward the playground.

They hadn't played like that in a long time.

Time seemed to stand still as they laughed and played with each other, both wishing they could stay like that forever.

"I can't believe this is happening!" said Tess, hugging Nia from behind, who simply giggled.

They finished playing and walked in the park. The sun was rising, and the breeze was refreshing. Their hearts felt like they could burst. They had never smiled so much before.

But their smiles quickly faded when they saw Miles in the same spot where he had been with Nia, flirting with another girl. When he noticed Nia and Tess, he jumped in fear and embarrassment.

"Nia..." he started, trying to explain himself.

"Don't," said Nia to Tess, who was ready to confront him.

"I'll handle it," said Nia, making her way toward him.

She stood in front of him and slapped him. Tess, watching from afar, was surprised but had a big smile on her face. Then Nia turned to the girl.

"Don't waste your time with this douchebag. He's only playing you. I was literally in the same position you are now," she said, clenching her teeth. "I bet he also told you that you're prettier than those flowers and as radiant as the sun," she added, pointing to the flowers and then looking toward the sun.

She waited for a response from the girl, but there was none.

"That's what I thought."

"Is it true?" the girl asked Miles.

"I..." Miles began.

Nia glanced at him one more time and said, "You're no better than the thing currently coming out of that dog's butt."

And with that, she returned to Tess, who was still smiling at her best friend.

"I love you," said Tess.

"I love you," said Nia.

__________________

Please don't kill me 

But hey I told you that I was going to finish this story and I am keeping that promise

Anyway happy new year !!

Take care of yourself <3