Chapter 7

(The news of Cameron Boyce make my heart hurt. I still remember every episode of Jessie, who used to be my favorite Disney Show as a kid. He was also my favorite character in the show. He was my childhood. Our childhood. I can't belive he is gone. May his soul rest in peace.)

Tess was disappointed with herself. She knew that she was in love with Nia, but she had almost kissed Zeena. She was aware that if Nia hadn't opened that door, the kiss would have happened. She wanted her best friend back but did nothing about it.

Today was the day she would try to regain her friendship. She spotted Nia walking in the hallway of the school.

"Nia! Nia!" called Tess.

Nia didn't bother to look at her. She simply walked a little bit faster.

Tess ran after her and forced her to enter one of the empty classrooms.

"Let go of me, Tess," said an annoyed Nia.

"No. Not before we talk."

"Let me go, Tess."

"No," Tess said, positioning herself in front of the door. Nia had no way out.

Nia sighed.

"Listen, what you saw the other day... It was nothing. It's not what you think," Nia said, rolling her eyes.

"Look, Tess, I don't care who you're kissing. You can do whatever you want. It's your life, not mine. Your choice, not mine. If you'd rather kiss someone like Zeena, that's fine, good for you. But don't talk to me ever again!"

Tess was so pissed and frustrated right now.

"You know what? Miles really changed you. I was right. You're not my best friend anymore. I don't know what he said to you or did to you, but you're not Nia Baxter. You're not the person I grew up with. You're not the person I fell in love with!" Tess hadn't planned to say the last sentence. It came out of nowhere. She instantly stopped talking.

Nia was silent. She was so confused. She didn't know what to do or even say.

"What?" she simply whispered.

Tess was silent. She didn't know what to say, so she stood there in silence, waiting for Nia to say something.

"Tess, please, I need to go. Please," Nia simply whispered.

Tess moved away from the door, giving a way out for Nia.

Nia left, leaving Tess alone in the empty room.

Nia lay on her bed, more confused than ever. Her head was on fire. She couldn't stop thinking, about everything, about all these weird feelings she felt when Tess was around. This feeling, this jealousy she felt when other people were around Tess. She thought about their fights, their moments together, the conversation with her mom, the conversation with Tess today.

She decided to search on the internet, "How do we know we are in love?" and many results popped up on her phone screen. She checked almost every one of them. At some point, she realized that her vision was blurry. She was crying because she realized, realized what her mom meant.

She realized that all this time, the only person she was truly in love with was her best friend. Her best friend, Tess.

—————————————
Very short chapter I know but Cameron's death still hurt so...
But I wanted to give you a chapter since it's been more than a week.
Anyways hope you liked. Finally Nia realized!!!

Sorry any the mistakes

Take care of yourself ❤️