Chapter 5

Booker was waiting in Nia's room. He had a vision where he saw Nia crying her heart out. Additionally, Levi had talked to him about how Nia had been acting strangely lately. He didn't realize it at first, but now that he thought about it, it was pretty obvious.

He started to walk around the room, analyzing every detail of his sister's room. Finally, he heard the door opening and saw the face of his devastated sister. He quickly ran to her, asking what was wrong. Then he realized that this was his vision.

"Booker... I don't really want to talk right now," said Nia desperately.

"Nia..." Booker hugged her. "I had a vision where you were crying. I'm worried, Nia. I'm your brother... You can talk to me. Here, wait for a few secs."

Booker went into the kitchen for some tissues and a glass of water. He came back as fast as he could. Nia was already lying in her bed, not bothering to take off her clothes.

"Here," said Booker, giving Nia the tissues and the water.

After drinking the whole glass and calming down a little, Nia finally told Booker about her day.

"Tess and I had a really bad fight. She doesn't want to talk to me anymore, Booker... I don't know what to do. I need her." At those words, Nia's voice cracked. "And on top of that, Miles is cheating on me. I saw him kissing another girl..." Nia was about to break down again.

"I'm going to kill that guy," said Booker, thinking about Miles.

Nia weakly smiled, which warmed Booker's heart a little. She was not better, but seeing her smile was better than nothing.

"And don't worry about Tess; she is your best friend, she loves you. Things are going to get better, trust me on that," Booker said sincerely.

Nia stopped listening at "she loves you"; she didn't know why, but those words made her heart skip a beat and her stomach hurt, but in a good way. Things she never felt with Miles.

Nia simply nodded at Booker.

"Thank you so much, Booker, thank you for being here. I'm so glad to call you my brother."

Booker smiled at Nia and went back to his room. Nia found a little strength to wear her PJs and went back to her bed, falling asleep not long after.

At the same time, Tess was on the rooftop. She couldn't sleep. That fight with Nia really bothered her. She was confused, but not about her feelings. She knows that she is in love with Nia, but today, that was not her best friend. That was not the girl she's been falling for. And she didn't know how to process that. So she sat on her basketball ball, frustrated.

"You've been here a lot lately," said Chelsea, coming from nowhere.

Tess looked in Chelsea's direction.

"I know," simply said Tess.

Chelsea sat next to Tess on the only stair of the rooftop.

"Now, speak to Auntie Chelsea."

"I'm not sure this is a good idea. I mean, I don't really want to talk about it. I'm not ready," Tess whispered the last sentence.

"Okay. Who is he?"

"Who is who?" said a confused Tess.

"The boy who makes you feel that way."

Tess didn't know how to respond to that because, to be honest, there was no boy. Simply a girl. Named Nia. Her best friend. But who was interested in someone else. That boy. Miles.

But Tess couldn't say that out loud.

"So I like this... boy... but I really like him. To be honest with you, I know, I'm sure of it. I am in love with him. But we got in that very bad fight because of this other... girl," Tess couldn't confess her feelings yet. And even if she could, Nia would be the first one to know about it. "And now we don't even talk to each other anymore. And I don't know what to do." Frustration and sadness echoed in her voice.

"That's some pretty bad drama here..."

Tess simply sighed in agreement.

"But you know what Tess, the best thing to do right now is that you take time to think about all of this. Even if it takes weeks to truly figure things out. The most important is how you feel inside. If you think this is too much toxic for you right now, don't be afraid to take time for clearing your thoughts, you know. You need to figure out what you truly want first." Chelsea took a break. "So, I'm going to ask you the question Tess: What do you want?"

"I want to be with her," whispered Tess.

Chelsea smiled and went back to her home, leaving Tess in her own thoughts.

Tess knew what she wanted. She wanted her. She wanted Nia.

———————————————-
New chapter!
Tell me what you think about so far.
Sorry for any mistakes.

Again, if you have any ideas, don't be shy to tell me ;)

Take care of yourself ❤️