Chapter 4

Tess was currently silently crying in her bed. She had made it clear to herself that she didn't want to see anyone.

Meanwhile, Nia was on her way home, feeling confused. Why had she thought about Tess during that kiss? Nia knew she liked Miles, so why? She was also worried because she hadn't heard from Tess since lunch, which she didn't like. She tried calling multiple times, but there was no answer. Deciding to go to Tess's place since it was across from hers, Nia knocked on the door.

"Hi, Mrs. O'Malley, is Tess here?"

"Yes, but no."

And with that, the door was closed, leaving Nia even more confused. She decided to go home and sleep, trying to call Tess once more, but with no success.

The next day, Nia waited in front of Tess's locker, hoping they could talk. She was still worried and confused about the events of the previous day, with many questions in her mind.

Finally spotting Tess crossing the hallway, Nia immediately called out to her. However, Tess simply walked faster, trying to avoid her. Unfortunately, a crowd of students suddenly appeared, causing Nia to lose sight of Tess.

She sighed in frustration.

"What's going on, Nia?" asked Levi, appearing out of nowhere.

Nia jumped a little, putting her hands on her chest. "Levi!"

"What?" said the little guy.

"Don't do that kind of stuff!" said Nia, still recovering from her little heart attack.

"Anyway, you still haven't answered me. What's going on?" asked Levi. "You've seemed strange since yesterday. You didn't even want to eat Auntie Raven's 15-minute gumbo."

"Nothing, Levi. There's nothing going on," said Nia, trying to act like nothing was wrong.

"If you say so. Just know that I'm here if you need me."

And with that, Levi walked to his next class. Nia stood in the middle of the hallway, lost in her thoughts. It was only when the bell rang that she snapped back to reality, slowly making her way to her next class as well.

"Tess! Tess!" Nia ran toward Tess.

School was over for the day, and she was determined to talk to Tess, guessing she was probably at her favorite place, the basketball court.

Tess heard Nia and decided to go, but Nia caught up with her at the entrance of the basketball court, holding her arms.

"Tess! For God's sake! What's wrong with you? I've been calling non-stop, I even came to your place, and nothing. Seriously, I'm getting really worried. What's going on? You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"You should probably go see your Miles, since he's your new favorite person," Tess said, her tone harsh.

"What... I don't understand," said a truly confused Nia.

"Now it's only about Miles, Miles, MILES. OK. I get it. You like him OK. And I understand he is your boyfriend, but now you only have eyes for him. Even when we are together, you always bring him into the conversation where he has no reason to be. I'm done, Nia. I can't do this anymore," Tess finally said.

Nia was shocked, sad, and confused. She was hurt because it was her best friend. Her best friend didn't agree with her choices, and that upset her.

"You know what? If you can't support him, then you can't support me. I thought you were my best friend, Tess. The one who would always stick around no matter what. Now, you just want to be the center of attention. Now that Miles is here, there are no more 'Wow, Tess,' 'Well done, Tess,' 'Bravo, Tess.' How could you be so selfish?" said an angry Nia.

"Oh wow... You know what... It's best if we just stop seeing each other. You finally said your mind. Fine. I got it," Tess said, tears about to fall. "Goodbye, Nia..."

With that, Tess picked up her bag from the floor and walked away, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Nia stood there, watching Tess walk away. She couldn't move. Tears streamed down her face. She wanted to scream that she was sorry, that she didn't mean any of it, but no sound came out.

Nia tried to call Miles, but his lack of response made her feel even worse.

So she started to walk as well, not knowing where to go.

She thought her day couldn't get any worse, but then she saw Miles kissing another girl on a bench. She was broken. She thought he was different. But she didn't have the strength to do anything, so she slowly walked away, wishing for the day to be over.

---------------------------------

New chapter !

Miles is finally out of the way but Nia and Tess are not really in good terms.

What will happen ?

Sorry for the mistakes.

Take care of yourself <3