Chapter 10

Nia totally forgot to tell Tess about this evening, and watching her lay down made her realize that.

"YO!" shouted Tess, still not processing what's going on. She quickly got up and looked around her, terrified.

"Tess, Tess, it's me, Nia."

Tess stopped every movement and looked at the speaking voice. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw Nia and heard her worried voice. She couldn't help but smile inside at that vision.

"Oh," simply said Tess.

They both stood there silently, avoiding each other's looks.

Tess finally looked at her. She couldn't stop looking at her. She was too beautiful for that. This is where she saw the bouquet of red roses and the few decorations she could see from the bag, on the ground. Jealousy started to fill up her stomach.

"What is that?" coldly said Tess.

"What is what?"

Tess rolled her eyes.

"This," showing the bouquet and the bag. "What is it? And it's for who?" her tone still the same.

"Oh... You mean that!" finally understanding what she was talking about.

"It's... um... it's a surprise party for Levi!"

"I know when you are lying, Nia. And you know I don't like it. So now tell me," said Tess.

"Okay. But calm down first. I'll tell you," spoke up an anxious Nia.

Nia took a deep breath. It was finally the moment she had been waiting for. She probably wasted three hours making up a plan that didn't work out, but the essential was here. She would get Tess back and confess her feelings. She hadn't thought about any speech. Her legs were getting weaker and weaker with each step she took to get closer to Tess. Her palms were sweaty. Her heart was beating like it never did before. She finally arrived in front of Tess.

Tess was a little bit confused. But when she saw Nia getting closer and closer, she couldn't move. She got paralyzed; she wanted to move and walk away, but for some reason, she couldn't.

"Look, Tess..." started Nia.

Tess opened her mouth, but no sound came out.

"I... Those flowers, all this, the decorations... It was for... for you."

Tess had a shocked face. She couldn't believe her ears.

"Why...?" managed to say Tess.

"Because, Tess. You're my best friend. And I didn't want to lose you," truthfully said Nia.

"I—" sighed Nia. "I made up a plan to get you back. I had everything planned... When you told me those words, I was devastated... I still am... But I can't lose you, Tess. I don't want to. I can't believe where we're at right now. I... I am sorry, Tess. Sorry because I realized how rude I was to you. And the way I acted because of Miles was bad and mean. I was selfish and see that now. I should have seen it. I can't believe that I put some random guy between us," Nia was relieved.

Not only did she have the chance to finally speak to Tess, she could finally apologize and let her heart speak.

"I—" began to say Tess.

"I'm not finished. There is something else I need to tell you," said Nia, looking right into Tess's eyes.

The other time, when we were in the empty classroom..." began Nia.

Tess, knowing where this was going, wanted to leave again. But Nia grabbed her hand before she could go any further.

"Please listen to me. I'm not finished," begged Nia.

Tess simply nodded, looking away.

"So, as I was saying, when we were there, you said, 'I'm not the person you fell in love with.' Nia stayed silent to see if Tess would react, but she didn't, so she continued. "When you told me that, I was so mad and confused. I didn't know what to do and what to say. You literally dropped a bomb. And with everything that happened, I couldn't get myself together. So many emotions happening at once... It was too much for me. And I was so confused because never in my life would I imagine that someone as amazing as you would like someone like me, and on top of that, I wasn't sure of the kind of feelings I have for you... But now I know. I'm sure of it." She took a brief moment and finally said it, "Tess, I'm in love with you. And I always have been. It took me time to really figure this out, but now I know. I'm sure of it. Tess, I love you."

Tess was speechless. She couldn't believe it. Not only did she have her best friend back, but also the love of her life. Now she was literally frozen and couldn't do anything.

"Tess... say something... please," said a worried Nia.

Tess got even closer to Nia. She knew words wouldn't express how she felt. So she gently leaned in, and so did Nia. She closed her eyes and carefully touched Nia's lips. Her stomach exploded. Billions of butterflies flying around. Nia's lips were soft but yet luscious. Their lips moved together in harmony. They were perfect for each other.

They broke apart, huge smiles on their faces. Tess laid her forehead on Nia's, and both closed their eyes and said in unison,

"I love you."

———————————————
New chapter!
And much better than the last one (and more longer)

Tell me what you think about it !

I'm sorry again for any mistakes

Take care of yourself ❤️