Chapter 9

Tess was playing basketball on the roof, her head boiling with emotions. She was consumed by confusion, anger, and sadness as she had just ended her friendship with Nia—the best thing that had ever happened to her. And yet, she felt compelled to sever ties.

Tears streamed down her face as she played, blurring her vision and hindering her ability to focus on the game. Eventually, she halted, releasing a frustrated scream. Though it offered a momentary release, her heart remained heavy. Even basketball, her usual solace, failed to ease her pain. It was then that she realized the depth of her feelings. If basketball couldn't soothe her, nothing could.

She collapsed onto the floor, disregarding its cleanliness, unable to stifle her tears as memories flooded her mind.

Two years earlier, on a typical sunny day in a park:

"Nia, you'll have to run faster if you don't want me to catch you."

As Tess and Nia frolicked in the park, laughter filling the air, they collapsed onto the grass, breathless from their antics. Tess, gazing at Nia with a fond smile, wished for this moment to last forever.

Nia, meeting Tess's gaze, smiled back and rested her head on Tess's chest, savoring the tranquility until dusk fell.

Back in the present, Tess found herself instinctively reaching for Nia, longing for her presence. Overwhelmed, she wept until sleep claimed her.

Meanwhile, Nia, determined to win Tess back, embarked on a meticulous plan. She visited various locations—a florist, a mall, and finally, the rooftop where their bond had begun.

As she prepared the rooftop with flowers and decorations, her anticipation grew. Yet, a nagging feeling persisted—a sense of something missing.

Entering the rooftop, Nia's realization struck like lightning as she beheld Tess lying there.

"Tess!"

She hadn't informed Tess of her intentions for the evening.

What was the use of planning a dinner date to reconcile if Tess remained unaware?

---------------------------------------

Take care of yourself <3