Taxi

A young taxi driver was having a bad night. Business was slow. It was raining heavily, ensuring that business would stay slow. He had just rounded a bend in the road when he saw three girls standing on the side. They were soaking wet, their hair plastered to their faces, and they were trying to flag him down. Eager to have customers, the taxi driver pulled over.

The girls were clearly worried about their friend. They told the driver that they had been in an accident and needed to go to the hospital. It was obvious that the third girl was in a lot of pain. She kept crying and clutching her stomach. Since it was an emergency, the driver took off and drove as fast as he could without risking their safety. Wet roads were dangerous.

As soon as they got to the emergency room, the driver ran inside to alert anyone available. There was a nurse at the front desk and she ran out first, hurrying to help the girls. When she came back, she seemed annoyed. She told the man that there were only dead bodies in his car and that she was calling the police.

Apparently, the bodies were those of three girls who had died in that same bend in the road five days before. The problem was that they had also been buried two days before.