13

SHOW REALITY

3rd pov

Ninjago had changed in the years since the ninja - the original team, not the second team or the team of Elemental Masters that are both back up and the ones that protected the city while the second team were still learning - had disappeared. When asked, Wu could not say where they went, simply that they had left and not even he is sure where they are currently, only that he hopes they are happy. 

Honestly, the Master had waited to really inform Ninjago until a couple of months after the ninja had left, since that's about as long as the city itself can last without something attacking it. Garmadon and Wu had met several times during those few months were they were the only ones to know that the Ninja were gone, trying to figure it what had happened.

Ultimately they decide that the addition of Energy, Creation and Destruction had torn a hole through their dimension, and thrown the ninja through. They may be the main 5 and a subcategory for ice, but the world can live without them, but if can not live without Creation or Destruction, which is why both of them were left behind. It took several months, but both finally decided - and acknowledged - that the feeling in their chest means the ninja will not be returning home.

It had taken the last few weeks he had for Wu to mourn and he still mourns them now, since he knows he will far outlive everyone but Garmadon at this point. His brother is now an Oni, which are creatures with long lifespans, just as long as a dragons, and they will be stuck together for many years. However, the grief in his heart will slowly fade, because while those were his children - his nephew - that had gone through the tear, they had also grown to no longer need his care and guidance as much as they had needed it when he first found each of them. Of course, telling the families had been...difficult.

Kai and Nya's parents understood and were accepting, though disappointed they would not have time to bond and recover with their children in the way they had hoped after being stuck in time so long. Cole's dad was devastated, with his son no longer there and though he had since gotten better with the help of his sister and her family, he still sleep with a picture of his son and wife next to him. Jay's foster parents were also, rightfully saddened, because while he may not have been their's by blood, they had raised the boy and watched him grow. They'll miss him - and did up until the day they died - but they both have graves that have Jay engraved in them. (No one ever mentions how the engravings don't look like they were originally on there and those that were there for the funeral never comment that the engravings were not originally there.) Pixal had grown silent, before accepting it. She loves Zane and while she is sad and cried for having lost him, she also knew that this would happen, so she had silently been preparing herself.

Garmadon honestly took the hit the hardest. Harumi thought she brought the evil overlord/emperor part back, but even completely under the influence of the Great Devourer, he never harmed Lloyd, not once and in all honesty saved him several times. It took him several days, if not weeks to break free of the darkness that buried him since he had been without it for so long - after all, he had been dead and not evil for a while before dying - which is why he had managed to hurt Lloyd so badly during both the fight at the prison and the final fight on the tower where they had almost killed each other several times. 

However, knowing that he might not ever see Lloyd again, helped him to shove the darkness aside and that is why he helped Wu. They both split to mourn separately, though they continue to meet up over the years. Misako took it far harder than anyone expected, crumbling and it broke something inside of her. She had always thought she would have more time with her boy before he disappeared, thought she would die before she had to say goodbye to him, and so the things she had done came crashing down on her all at once, since only some of it had ever been addressed by Lloyd and her.