Chapter 4

After demolishing Gaius at Candy land and him ending up leaving with his candy, I decided to finish my shift by reading a book. Hours passed and it was the end of my shift as well as my book, today Gaius was my only customer as usual, I wonder how does this candy store stay in business for so long now I mean Gaius is probably the only customer and maybe the rare person here and there. Plus its probably me and another employee that works here. Well at least it pays nicely, I can choose my shifts and I'm usually alone here so no one bothers me. As I was walking my way to a fast food restaurant I see colorful bright lights in a path filled with stalls of sorts. Some stalls are filled with food, activities, knickknacks and more. The people there was moderate so it was easy go get my way through everyone to see the stalls, but one stands out to me. It was a stall filled with some of the most random things at the same time it made sense, it was filled with the colors and well light up, but what caught my eye was the person who was running the stand, he had orange hair, had a sucker in his mouth, tall, and the guy that I beat in a board game called Candy land, it was Jack- *Aherm* Gaius.

-"Gaius? I didn't know you ran a market stall..." I say to Gaius as I walk closer to the stall so he can see me through the crowd and so I can see what he has for sale.

-"Oh, sure. I like to get out, meet the people here and sell the odd trinket...speaking of which, see anything you fancy? I've got silk smallclothes from exotic ports, genuine leather belts, top-quality figs..." Gaius says responding to my question as he sees me and being a sales man at the same time.

-"Do you have any books? Engineering books, specifically? I've been hoping to expand my engineering knowledge to better serve the Shepperd's. However, I can't find a single volume out of the library in these parts. It really is most strange..."

-"Engineering books, is it? Wait right there, Bubbles!" 

-"Huh? Where'd he go?" I ask, probably somewhere where he stores his sellable items.

-"...Oh you're back! That was fast." I say as I see Gaius's head pop up out of nowhere.

-"Take a gander at this lot, and tell me if any of 'em tickle your fancy!" Gaius showing me a crate full of engineering books and maybe one or two of them is a different book.

-"By the...Gaius, this is a crate FULL of books! Did you buy every tome in the market!?" I say amazed that Gaius has this many right here.

-"Sort of. Here they're yours. Every last one, my gift to you! But that makes us even about the whole *wink-wink* thing!" Yup I knew he would bring that up again. For goodness sake!

-"Gods, you are pigheaded. For the last time, Gaius, I am NOT blackmailing you! Now please, return these books. I can't take them in good conscience." I say irritated by how he still thinks I'm trying to blackmail him.

-"Oh, I see! Books aren't enough? Still holding something better!?" Gaius says while walking away to go do something else, probably trying to fin another thing to 'call it even'. 'How thick headed can he be!?' I thought.

-"*Sigh* Sometimes I wonder why I even try...Oh, what a handsome pendant. I've never seen this one before." I say as I see a marvelous pendant and then Gaius just swoops in saying-

-"The pendent, then? And we can call it even?"

-"GAIUUUUS!"

-"Guess not!"

After that infuriating conversation with Gaius I get my supper and go home.

~{Time skip!}~

At school I walk in seeing Lonq'u and Gaius playing a ridiculous game that I have no idea what it is. All I know is that the two of them have an army of mini figurines. Lonq'u has rock's for his army and Gaius has ginger bread cookies for his army.