Chapter 20

Keeping a Secret

3rd pov
"NOOOOOOO!" Cried Akaza and Nezuko.

Just when he thought he could kill the boy, a fan came out of nowhere and stopped the blade.

"How dare you? Aren't you a demon hunter, why are you attacking a human? A child at that?" Spoke the unknown person standing behind Tanjiro.

Everyone looked surprised and looked at the demon.

'Damn, an upper rank, even stronger that pink boy.' Thought Rengoku who leaped back.

The slayer looked and analyzed the moon, he had blond hair with the top red, smooth and fair skin along with rainbow eyes.

'Looks like Tanjiro didn't lie about being more demons hiding.'

But what Rengoku didn't know was that Tanjiro was indeed really bluffing, he only called for Douma in case something goes wrong. Tanjiro stood up and dusted off his clothes.

"Thank you Douma, you were a great help. Now I think we can leave the human to Akaza, I think he's pissed and wants to finish this quickly." Pointed out the boy.

He was right, the only thing was that Akaza wasn't pissed, he was furious. He didn't even leave time for Kyojuro to prepare when he simply crushed his neck. You could hear the cracking sound from where they were, along with the last words that ever came out of Rengoku's mouth forever and ever.

"I'm... sorry, mother."

Tanjiro walked up to the corpse and said something that shouldn't be said by a 10 years old kid.

"You could've lived if you chose to be a demon, sucks to be you." He nagged. "Hey, it's going to be daybreak soon, you guys should go, me and Nezuko will handle the rest." He added, turning to his family.

The three hugged (separately) and the demons walked into the forest. A few moments later, a crow came to see the situation since they were no news from the previous ones (ummm I wonder why 🤔). But before that, Zenitsu and Inosuke woke up to see Tanjiro crying and hugging the corpse of the Hashira.

"W-what happened, Tanjiro-kun?" Asked Zenitsu.

"W-while you guys w-were out from       e-exhaustion, two demons e-enbushed us, I was stabbed in the stomach so I couldn't help him. The were both upper ranks, it wasn't a fair fight." Managed to say Tanjiro between fake sobs.

Zenitsu tried to comfort the younger boy by hugging him. When the crows came, Zenitsu was the one explaining the situation to them since Tanjiro was sleeping from exhaustion from his crying, Nezuko was right next to him in her little box. The crow then told the boys to rest while help was on it's way. It took one to two hours and they were brought to the butterfly mansion to recover from their injuries.

It's been a week since the three boys, and Nezuko, arrived to the butterfly mansion. Practically every night, Tanjiro would fake a small sob to seem sad about the death of Rengoku, and Zenitsu was the first to fall for his trap.

"Shh, it's fine, you did nothing wrong." He reassured the younger.

"I couldn't do anything to save him, if only I could've been able to use my legs and jump in front of him to save him." He cried.