Chapter 19

(A/N - Hello everyone! I'm back! And with a new chapter! I'm sorry that it's been so long. Today I'm finished with the last major test for a while so I'm updating. I'm aware that it's a bit short, I just have some kind of block towards this story.

I've strangely had so many ideas regarding different stories for other anime/mangas. That brings me to my second thing to say. To anyone that enjoys reading fanfiction about AOT please check out my newly updated story.

In the time that I haven't been able to write anything for this one, I've written many ideas for the other story. I hope that you'll check it out.

Anyways enjoy reading this chapter, and once again sorry that it's so short. Enjoy!

Thank you!)

Izuku Pov -

Turns out that even after hours of walking around and looking, we still couldn't find Minoru's mom. I'm debating if there is some kind of relationship problem between the adults, and in the end, she didn't want to be around him. Maybe it has something to do with what Minoru thought earlier.

"Hey Minoru?" I questioned. Minoru had stayed glued to my side ever since he stopped crying. He turned away from looking at a random family and looked at me. Now that I had his attention, I decided to finally vocalize my question that I have had since a while ago. "I have magic that allows me to read and talk to other people through my mind, and I just wanted to ask, what was that you were thinking before?" He looked at me and tilted his head as if he didn't quite know what I meant.

"You know when you were clinging to the woman earlier when you were scared?" He nodded. "Well you were thinking something about how your papa said to touch the lady and she would always help you, what did you mean by your papa said that?" At the mention of his dad, his expression dimmed and his gaze fell to the floor. It looked like he was thinking, so I just kept a steady hold on his hand as we smoothly walked through a less crowded area.

Finally after a few minutes of silence he tightened his grip on my hand and started speaking. He was still looking at the ground, but it was a good enough start. "My papa doesn't like it when I don't touch a girl like that. He says that girls are less and should always be under a man and listen to them. But I don't like that. Mama is always saying how it's bad and how she loves me even if I'm just myself. But papa hits her if he hears her saying things like this. They are always hitting each other, but my mama is always the one hurt. I don't like it."

Unbelievable. Despicable. To think that there are still such people living comfortably in our society. Luckily I had my phone record everything when I sensed that what he was spilling could be evidence to abuse. Looks like my hunch was correct. As always. Looks like this needs to be addressed as quickly as possible if I want to get Minoru out of that house with his mother.

Just then I heard his mom's voice. "Oh god... what did I just do! Minoru is my son! I love him! How can I just walk away! I need to find him, before he tries anything that his dad taught him!" Looks like his mom realizes just how bad of an influence his dad is on his childlike innocence.

"Good news Minoru! Looks like we'll find your mom! It seems like she was also looking for you!" I exclaimed while looking down at the expression of pure happiness that exploded upon his face the second he heard the news. He started to drag my hand towards any direction; which I tell you was the complete opposite of where his mom was, but it was cute.

I ended up taking him in my arms again to get there faster. 5 minutes later we were in the middle of one of the meeting points under a large dome, and the frantic voice of Minoru's mom's voice was crazy loud. I think I could even see a frantic woman pacing around and looking worried. Though she looked incredibly similar to Minoru. Minoru's smile widened when he saw her and he started vibrating with happiness.

"Mama!" At the sound of her sweet son's voice, she turned her head so fast that her neck might have cracked. There she saw her beloved son smiling like a happy little toddler in the arms of an older male, which is me. She ran up to us so fast that you would think she had a speed quirk. When she was in near distance, I handed the reaching out Minoru to his mother and they had a heartfelt reunion.

"Mama! Mama! So listen! I was lost, I couldn't find you. Then Izuku found me when a lady wouldn't help me find you. He sang this song and pretty lights appeared. He helped me stop crying and then helped me find you! He's so cool!" Minoru was swinging around in her arms while looking excited. He beamed at me and I just couldn't hold myself back and beamed right back.

His mother was listening to her son speak and looked up at me. "I really don't know what I would do if you hadn't found Minoru. For that I'm forever grateful. Thank you." She bowed down with little Minoru in her arms. I don't want her to bow if she still has Minoru in her arms so I told her to just stand up straight, which she did without question. "Let's introduce ourselves again. Hello, my name is Izuku and I look forward to getting to know you.

"Ah! Yes! My name is Akari Mineta. Once again, thank you for finding my son. And I would like to get to know you too. Besides, I think little Min-min would like to be friends. Isn't that right?"

"Yeah! We can play a lot! And I can show you my hero merch!"

"Well, I would love to be your friend Minoru. From now on, I Izuku, am Minoru Mineta's best friend." I couldn't help but be a bit dramatic. Kids love that. And from the look on Minoru's little face, he was absolutely delighted by my performance.

Bringing my thoughts back onto what Minoru had told me about his dad, I decided to confront Akari about it. "Mrs. Akari–"

"Oh just call me Akari, I don't need such formalities."

"Okay. Akari, please tell me, are you in trouble with your husband? Minoru has told me a bit about his home environment, and to be honest I don't really think it's a good one for his development and growth." She looked shocked and looked at Minoru who was admiring the dome ceiling. She looked back at me and nodded.

"I want to talk about this in a better suited place. On Monday my husband will be out of the house for a business meeting. Please come at 10:00 so we can discuss this. Minoru will have gone to school, so we will have about 3 hours to talk before I have to pick him up. Is that okay for you?"

"Yes, that is totally acceptable. I will give you my number so that we can stay in contact, okay?" Akari nodded and we exchanged numbers. After talking a bit longer, we departed from each other. Minoru looked sad that I was leaving so soon, but I promised him that we'd see each other again, and he was back to being his happy self.

Now I was back to my goal of buying the needed things that I came here for originally. Plus the apple juice for Toshi. He will be so happy that I also got him an apple to match with it. 

I'm such a good mentor.