Chapter 21

(A/N - Hi Guys! So I know that it's been forever since I posted and I'm sorry for that. Right now, school is just very... Stressful. Yeah that's the word. I think you all know how Sh*tty school is even though it's beneficial to our futures. *Eye roll*

Anyways, I have exams again, the finals in May. So I need to study. So once again, I probably won't update that fast again. Maybe I will, most likely I won't. But we'll see.

Again, Thank you for all the support! And leave some comments or whatever. You're the best!)

Izuku Pov -

It's been a few days since the meeting and the discussion about Minoru's father. Akari messaged me back just the next day and said that he had arrived back, and again with a lingering scent of perfume and very faint marks on his neck. Looks like he spent the night somewhere after the meeting and had some of his own fun.

I discussed the issue once again with Nezu, the Minister of child safety and a representative of court to talk about the family, the behaviors of the father and how it needs to be stopped. All the evidence of both my conversations with Minoru and Akari were recorded and have been sent in as evidence with the permission of Akari.

This case would be like many divorces before but there is the added factor that the father is both rich but also an abuser and brainwasher to both his wife and son. That is something that cannot be left without any consequences. So we together have concluded that he will have to serve 5 years of jail time, have his money given to Akari and Minoru and to be banned from ever interacting and being in a 100m radius of them.

It was a reasonable consequence to his actions, and even if his family tried to protest, UA is already a big enough influence that they can't go against that easily. Not to mention a rep from court and the Minister of child safety. It would be too big of a threat and risk to even try to get him out of his punishments. So he'll have to live through with it.

He was taken into custody straight after we got all the evidence we needed. And now, the Mineta's can finally have a breather and not constantly be on edge because of the father's bad mood swings.

A week after the arrest, I had to go back to work. I'm training little Katsuki again and I have frequent visits to the Mineta household to play with little Minoru and have talks with Akari over either tea or coffee. Sometimes even some beer if it's been a stressful day for Akari and Minoru was in bed. I think we quickly gained a strong friendship over the shared parental feelings and instincts. Well in my case is my care for basically everyone younger. Which is everyone. Adult, child, toddler, or baby. 

Now two months later, I had a check up with Toshinori to monitor and record how it was going with his injuries. Nighteye and Recovery girl were also present. I had to do all kinds of tests and examinations to make sure that the results were as accurate as possible, and that his future hero career wouldn't be hindered any bit by it. Toshinori was recovering really well actually. He just needed to strengthen his body again by doing basic training and then increasing it.

"Well Toshi, you're recovering really well. With the combination of the successful surgery and Chiyo's quirk, you will be able to go out and continue your work soon. We will have to give you a strict diet until your stomach fully heals. If you eat too much or maybe the wrong ingredients it can have a negative affect on your health. Also, you need to keep your breathing steady. Your lungs were also severely damaged, so if you ever have any problems with breathing, you come to either me or Chiyo. Understood."

At Toshi's sure nod I continued. "The only problem left is your body's strength condition. Gaining such an injury and having to abstain from moving around for such a long time will put some serious strain on your body. So, I'm requiring you to go through some physical therapy with either myself, Chiyo or another medical professional. You will start simple and slowly work up so that you can get back to your original strength without any complications."

Toshi listened on and nodded. I'm guessing that he understands to follow my advice and order to get back into top shape for hero work. Which is good. He better listen to his responsible elders.

I looked away from Toshi and started writing the schedule for his recovery on my clipboard. I saw Chiyo leave, probably to do some of her own work. Nighteye stayed though. He stayed in the room and sat next to Toshi on the chair that was provided.

"I'm going to leave because I'm guessing you two have some talking to do. Toshi, if you have anything you need from me, do not hesitate to call." Toshi nodded while Nighteye watched me leave.

Toshinori Pov -

Izuku-sensei left and it was just me and Mirai left. Mirai stayed silent while looking at his hands that were folded over his lap. "I'm sorry Toshinori." I looked over at him and he turned his head up to look up at me. "I'm sorry for using my quirk without permission and for saying that you should retire. You love saving people, and it wasn't my choice to decide for you."

"Toshinori! You will die if you keep going like this! Please just retire and live safely!"

I continued walking, using the wall as my support. I was still incredibly injured and I finally got out of bed without any nurses checking up on me.

"No Mirai. I am going to continue my career. If I don't do at least this much then what will all those civilians do with the knowledge that their unbeatable symbol has retired. I will continue to save people."

"That's because you are beatable Toshinori! You can be beaten! By that man! Look at yourself please, you're broken! He dealt you so much damage! It doesn't matter if Izuku can heal you, you were beaten!"

"He's dead Mirai! He died! I caved his head in, he can't possibly survive that!"

"And yet you had your torso blown up and are still here. You have Izuku by your side, but we don't know who he has allied with! Not to mention, we never actually saw his body! It disappeared! Please just listen to me Toshinori! Please!

I ignored him and continued my slow pace walking using the wall as support.

"What are you doing Toshi?" There it is, the voice of who I respect most. Izuku stood in front of me all of a sudden with his arms crossed and a stern expression plastered on his face. I looked away. He sighed and just picked me up with telekinesis, bringing me back to my hospital bed.

I looked at his expression and saw the apology in his eyes. "Will you still be my sidekick or do you wish to start your own Agency now?" He looked at me with schock but then saw the smile on my face. I think he saw the serene feeling I felt and saw how much better I was getting.

He smiled and chuckled. He nodded. "I think I want to start my own Agency now. I wasn't ready yet, but now I am." We talked a bit more before Izuku came back and Nighteye had to leave. As the two passed each other I could hear the very quiet words that slipped out of his mouth towards Izuku. I smiled as he passed and exited the room. Izuku looked back but then closed the door and turned back to me.

"Shall we get started then Toshi?" I nodded.

"Thank you."