Chapter 27

You'd think for being a trained assassin and now a freak with powers that I wouldn't be told what to do anymore. Unfortunately for me, I know Tony Stark. After he left my room Wanda came in.

"So you're really going to be singing tonight huh?"

"Yeah, I guess so" I say and I start to feel a pit in my stomach.

"You're nervous" Wanda says to me.

"Of course I'm nervous. I don't sing in front of people for a reason" I tell her.

"Relax Ali. You're an amazing singer and everyone is going to love you" She reassures me.

"I certainly hope so" I reply. I finally finish getting ready. Wanda helps me with my makeup. I look one last time in the mirror. I'm wearing a black jumpsuit with a lace bustier top and a simple makeup look with a dark red lip. Damn Wanda should be a makeup artist.

"You look amazing" Wanda says as she comes up behind me. I turn to face her.

"Let's get this show on the road then" I say and we both head downstairs to join the party.

Sam's POV

I'm over by the bar/kitchen area talking to Steve when all the sudden he looks towards the stairs. I follow his gaze and see Wanda and Ali. I think my heart skips a beat. Ali looks so perfect. Her hair tied up and her outfit hugs her in all the right places. She's breathtaking. I can't take my eyes off her.

Steve leans over and says "You like her don't you?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about" I reply.

Ali walks towards us "Hey boys" She says and smiles.

"Hey"

"Hi" Steve and I say at the same time.

"You look beautiful" Steve says taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Why thank you good sir" She jokes. Tony walks over and grabs Ali's shoulders.

"It's tiiime" He says.

"Oh god" Ali breathes and takes the drink from my hand, downing it in one go.

"Uh, you nervous for something?" I ask her.

"Oh, You'll see" She says.

Her and Tony walk over to the small stage he had set up for tonight's entertainment. He helps Ali onto the stage and takes the mic.

"Can I have everyone's attention please. First of all I'd like to thank all of you for coming to Ali's Welcome Home party." Everyone claps. "Also I have a surprise for everyone. Our very own Ali, will be singing for us tonight" He says and smiles at Ali and everyone claps again. He hands the microphone to Ali and steps off the stage. She takes the mic and puts it into the stand. She takes a deep breathe and the music starts to play.

Ali's POV

Of course he picks the song I was singing in the shower. He picked a whole damn Ariana Grande set. Is Tony trying to kill my vocal cords. I put the mic he handed me into the stand and take a deep breath. After signing "Everyday" everyone claps and stares at me in awe. Most of them had no idea I could even sing. The next song starts to play, "Dangerous Woman". Shit. Of course. As I sing the song everyone pretty much goes back to their small talk. As I'm singing I catch Sam staring at me. I try to focus on the song. Preparing myself for the upcoming high notes that I can't mess up. After the song ends I get what I think is close to a standing ovation and
get off stage. I head towards the bar for a drink. Steve and Sam are still standing there.

"Ali, I had no idea you could sing like that" Sam says to me. I smile.

"Neither did anyone else until tonight. Tony caught me singing in the shower and told me I was singing tonight." I explain.

"Well that was incredible Ali. Your voice is amazing" Steve tells me.

"Aw thank you Steve" I reply. The three of us stay over at the bar drinking almost all night until it's just us left downstairs. Everyone else left or went to bed. I'm drunk, very drunk. Steve being Steve stopped drinking a long time ago and so did Sam.

"You two are ssssuch party poopersss" I slur.

"Okay, that's enough for tonight" Sam says to me.

"You take her up I'll clean up down here" Steve says to Sam.

"Noooo I don't want tooooo" I slur to both of them.

"Ali, you're wasted and you're going to bed." Sam says and picks me up bridal style to carry me upstairs to my room. He opens the door and gently places me on my bed. He won't admit it but he's a little tipsy himself. He does to leave and I stop him.

"Sam wait." I say and he turns around to face me.

"Stay"