Chapter 6

(Time skip a couple of weeks)

It's been nice living in the log cabin. It's small but not too small. It's cozy, and I like it that way. Clint and Natasha come by once a week to check up on me. It's nice, having people who care about me and my safety.  I've never had that before.

Knock knock knock

I open the door to see both Clint and Natasha, normally it's just one or the other. 

"Hey sis, how's it going?" Natasha asks as she hugs me then enters the cabin. Behind her is Clint. 

"Hey little Romanoff." Clint says

"You know I hate it when you call me that Barton."

"Fine then, Romanoff jr."

I give him the death glare and he shrugs and laughs. He has groceries in his hand and heads to the kitchen. Natasha stays back to ask how I'm doing. I tell her I'm doing fine but she doesn't believe me. I can tell by the look she gives me. 

"Really Natasha, I'm doing fine."

"Okay then, but if you ever need to talk, I'm here. Trust me, I know what you've been through."

We then proceed to hug it out and Clint comes in and runs the moment.

"Wow, who knew assassins were the secretly the soft type who talk about feelings and stuff." He says in a snarky tone.

"You know Barton. I could kill you right here right now and no one would ever find your body." I reply back. He dramatically puts a hand on his chest and says,

"Oh Ali, I'm hurt, I thought we were friends."

"Oh shut it Barton." I reply and we all three laugh it off. They both get ready to leave and Natasha exits first.  I hold Clint back for a second.

"Clint I need you to promise me something."

"Yes?"

"Natasha, she, she's all I got so please,  don't let her get herself killed. Please protect her for me."

"I think I can manage that."

"Thanks."

We hug and he leaves, everything is good for me right now for the first time in forever, I like it that way.

(Another time skip to 2 weeks later.)

I hear an urgent knock on my door.  Clint had just stopped by yesterday, so who could be knocking. I was in my bedroom and I had finished getting dressed for the day. I head to open the door and it wasn't Clint or Natasha waiting for me.