Chapter 17

"Honey? I'm home." Clint says as we had all piled into his living room. I'm still shaken up and you can tell just by how pale I am. I'm currently standing on Natasha's right side. Laura walks out and is shocked to see us all.

"I have company, sorry I didn't call ahead." Clint says as Laura walks up and kisses him. 

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony says absolutely shocked.

 Clint says, "Gentlemen, this is Laura." 

 "I-I know all your names." Laura says kind of nervously. She's only ever met Nat and I.

"Ooh, incoming." Clint says as he squats down. His kids come running in and he hugs them and kisses them. It's a sweet moment it really is and I wish that I could have something like what Clint has, but in my line of work, you can't. 

"These are, smaller agents." Tony says trying to make sense out of the situation. 

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" His daughter Lyla asks.

"Why don't ya hug her and find out" Nat says she she goes over to Lyla and then Lyla jumps into her arms. "I brought you two a surprise." Nat says to both of Clint's kids. I peak my head out and Lyla comes running over to me.

"Ali!" She says as I kneel down and hug her.

"Hey there sweetie." I say as I hug her. Then Clint's son, Cooper, come over to me. "Hey there Coop, how are you?" I ask him and he hugs me. For some reason he opens up to me and Natasha more than he does with Clint and Laura. 

"I'm doing good." He tells me. 

"Sorry for barging in on you-" Steve says but then Tony cuts him off with, "Yeah, we would've called ahead but we were busy having no idea that you existed."

"Fury help me set this up when I joined. Kept if off SHIELD's files, I'd like to keep it that way." Clint says. "Figured it's a good place to lay low." I started to walk over to Laura and hug her. 

"Oh, Ali I'm so glad that you're okay, I was so worried about you when I heard that you went missing." Laura tells me. 

"Yeah, I'm back now and I'm doing better." I tell her putting a fake smile on my face.

"Honey, are you okay, you look like you've seen a ghost." Laura tells me. 

"Yeah, I'm all good, I um, when you get the chance I just need to talk to you in private." I tell her. I need to tell her about my powers.

"Yes, of course. Once we get all this situated we can talk." 

"Yeah" I shake my head. then Thor storms out. Steve and I follow him out the door. 

"Thor" Steve says. "Where are you going?" I ask Thor. 

"I saw something in that dream. The answers. I won't find them here." Thor says.

"Be careful." I tell Thor before he flies off somewhere. I walk back in and then Laura asks me if I want to talk now, I tell her yes and we go into the kitchen to talk.

"So, what's up?" She asks me.

"Um, in that year that I was gone I um, I was kidnapped and taken to a HYDRA facility where they um, they experimented on me, and, before you say anything I just, I wanted you to know that, yes, I do have powers now but I have them under control and I promise that nothing bad will happen here, I hope." I start tearing up and she hugs me. 

"Oh, Ali, you are a part of this family, nothing that they did to you could ever scare us off. You are always welcome here, you know that." Laura tells me. I let a tear fall and I just stand there hugging her.

"Hey, go get yourself cleaned up, your clothes are in the spare room with Nat's."

"Thank you Laura." I went upstairs and took a hot shower, then I got dressed in a black tank top with a light gray sweater and a pair of black leggings. I put on my shoes (which are the boots from her suit cause that's all she had) and then I walked out the door. 

"Where are you going?" Steve asked me. "I just need some air, there are hiking trails in the woods, I'll be there if anyone needs me." I tell him. 

Then I walk into the woods and I just start walking and trying to escape my own mind. I start to mess with my powers once I know that I'm out of sight and that they can't see my powers from the house or the barn. I haven't told the kids yet and them seeing me would just raise too many questions. I start to form my powers into like a ball kind of thing. (okay people bare with me here). I throw in at a small tree and I absolutely obliterated it. I see some twigs on the ground and I try to lift them, and to my surprise I do. I start to use the nature around me to practice my powers and after about two hours, well let's just say that I can do more that I thought and I feel more powerful now. I start to head back. I almost reach the house when I see Tony walk out of the barn with Nick. I walk up to them and Nick hugs me. 

"Ali if you ever disappear like that on me again I swear." Nick tells me.

"Yeah, I missed you too." Tony, Nick, and I then all walk into the house together and we all gather into the kitchen to talk business.