Chapter one: prologue

3rd person pov

"What the hell is going on out there!" an older man in a grey suit yells out to his security team expecting a response but getting none. The man slicks back his hair and wipes the sweat of his forehead "one of you answer me!" He yells desperately...but still nothing except the sounds of bullets firing, with his shaking hands he opens a drawer at his desk and brings out a 9mm pistol and cocks it.

After cocking the gun all the man can hear is his own heart beat racing no gun fire, no shouting "somebody answer!-" before he can answer the doors to his office explode open and a thick plume of smoke clouds his vision and just as he raises his hand he hears a sharp whistle before feeling a sharp pain in his right hand "agh you fucker!" he yells as he looks to see an arrow protruding from his hand "Keith Jordan! Your reign is over!" A mysterious voice says causing the man to run.

He escapes his office and makes his way to the roof in hope of a desperate escape but as he begins to run he hears the same sharp whistle before a burning pain in his thigh causes him to fall down, he looks back and sees another arrow sticking out from his thigh and then his attention is brought to the silhouette of a hooded figure walking towards him "who are you?! What do you want from me!?" Keith yells desperately "your reign of crime and terror is over, for too long you've poisoned these people with your influence" the voice says before grabbing him by the collar and starts dragging him to the edge of the roof "ah no no please don't! I'm begging you!" Keith pleads "and you have failed this city!" The voice yells before tossing him off the edge.

"And this just in crime boss Keith Jordan has been killed in what is rumoured to be the continued work of the vigilante known as the arrow" a news reporter reads out as from a secret location a man is doing one handed push ups with an emotionless expression plastered on his face "this is the fifth crime organisation taken down by the vigilante, before he was leaving them for the police but now he leaves a trail of bodies wherever he goes" as the reporter says this the man switches to doing sit ups "leaving us wondering if this has now become personal for the arrow" as the report ends the man stands up and turns to face a large framed photo of blonde woman smiling towards the camera "if only they knew...I miss you pretty bird" the man says with hint of sadness in his voice.

After looking at the photo for an unknown amount of time he gets an call on his phone "what?" He says answering the call "(L/N) we need you to come in" the voice of Nick Fury says "what for? I'm busy" (Y/N) replies agitated by the phone call "there was an attack the tesseract was stolen...and agent Barton is compromised" he says "I'm coming in...what about the others?" (Y/N) asks as he starts packing "on their way" Fury says before hanging up.