chapter four: the god of mischief and the god of thunder

(Y/N) POV

I'm currently sitting at a table on the bridge of the helicarrier as we wait for news on Loki "so you're a vigilante?" Steve asks "as (Y/N) (L/N) I can only do so much but as the green arrow I can be more than money and power" I say looking straight forward "a symbol?" Steve asks "a message, a message to the criminals of my city that they can't get away with hurting those who don't deserve it" I say "but by wearing a mask and a hood aren't you a criminal too" he says "it isn't as simple as that" I say as I turn to face him "this isn't world war two where your enemies are right infront of you wearing swastikas on their uniforms,  my enemies hide everywhere and on more than one occasion I have been stabbed in the back so yes I wear a mask and yeah I might be a criminal but I do what's necessary to protect my city and to stop anyone else being killed" I say as I stand up to continue my rant when suddenly Maria Hill interrupts by shouting "we have a confirmed location on Loki" she says causing Nick Fury to turn to face us "Captain you're up, you too Green Arrow" he says.

Timeskip one hour later

I watch as Captain America jumps into action "I'm gonna pretend I'm not pissed about being told to hang back" I say as I check over my bow "we still don't know what Loki is capable of (Y/N) best to leave it to someone a bit more durable" Nat says just as Loki knocks Steve to the ground "screw this" I say before opening the back of the jet and firing an arrow it the sceptre in his hand, it hits the sceptre and bounces off and just as I draw another arrow an all too familiar voice plays over the PA system "Agent Romanoff you miss me?" Tony asks as "Shoot to Thrill" by ACDC plays on full blast, soon after I watch as Iron man flies onto the scene and blasts Loki to the ground "make your move reindeer games" Tony says as he aims his repulsors at him and slowly Lokis horned helmet fades away and he raises his hands to surrender "good call" Tony says as the quinjet lands.

I draw my bow and aim it between Lokis eyes "easy (Y/N) we've got him" Steve says "yeah put it down Robin Hood" Tony jokes as they sit him down.  As we make our way back to the helicarrier Fury begins to talk over the comms "is he saying anything?" He asks "nope not a thing he's just sitting there" I say "well just get him back we're low on time" Fury says before hanging up "I don't like it" Steve says "what that the rock of ages gave up so easily?" Tony asks as he turns his head to face us both "I just don't remember it being this easy, this guy packs a punch" Steve says "nah something is definitely not right here" I add "I must say though you're pretty spry for an old timer, what's your secret? Pilates?" Tony asks as I roll my eyes "what's that?" Steve asks "it's just another thing you missed...y'know when you were busy being a capsicle" Tony jokes "but don't feel too bad (Y/N) is still catching up after coming back from that island.  He didn't even know who the Kardashians were" he says "oh for the love of god us everything a joke to you Tony" I shout just as a flash of lightning appears in the corner of our eyes "what's wrong scared of a little lightning?" Steve asks Loki who appears to be on edge "I'm not overly fond of what follows" he replies.  As if on cue a loud thud can be heard from the outside of the quinjet "open it up" I say and Natasha flips a switch to open up the back of the jet.

Soon after it opens a blonde haired man wearing a red cape and wielding a hammer charges towards Loki.  I quickly fire an arrow and it bounces off the mans armour "I've gotta upgrade these" I say as Tony gets knocked back, the man grabs Loki and flies off with him "and that's a problem" I say as Tony prepares to chase after them both "another asguardian?" Natasha asks "one of the good guys?" Steve asks "doesn't matter if he kills Loki or frees him the tesseract is lost" Tony responds "wait don't do something stupid" I say "he's right we need a plan of attack" Steve says "I have a plan, attack" Tony says before flying off "I really hate him" I mumble as Steve puts on a parachute "I'd stay outta this one cap" Nat says "afraid I can't do that ma'am" he replies "these guys come from legends they're basically gods" she adds "there's only one God and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that" Cap says before diving off the jet, I look out of the jet before looking to Natasha "don't even think about it (L/N)" she says "too late" I say as I run out, grab a parachute and dive out of the jet.

To be continued