chapter seven: old memories

3rd person POV

Dinah Lance walks through a dark alleyway in the middle of the glades in Starling City as she reaches into her pocket to get the keys for her motorbike "hey lady you got any money on you?" a man asks as he starts following her "sorry not tonight" Dinah says "I don't think you heard him properly" another man says as he steps out followed by three more "give us your money and your keys" the guy says before pulling out a gun "really you need all these guys and a gun to scare me?" Dinah asks before grabbing her arm "just give us your money bitch!" One of the others shout as the man with the gun moves closer and aims it at her head. 

Dinah sighs and brushes a strand of her behind her ear before grabbing the mans wrist to knock the gun out of his hand before breaking it "get her!" the man yells as the rest of the group start to surround her "you know this is no way to treat a lady!" A voice yells from above and from the rooftops green arrow drops down and quickly gets ready to fight "we need to stop running into each other like this" Dinah says "well maybe after we teach these guys some manners I can buy you a drink" green arrow says before firing an arrow into the shoulder of one of the thugs meanwhile Dinah roundhouse kicks another.  The fight ends pretty quickly with (Y/N) shielding Dinah from being hit with a baseball bat by wrapping his arm around her to spin them around as he uses the limb off his bow to knock the attacker out.

The two look around to make sure they're all clear before relaxing "well I'd say thanks for the help but I could've handled them" Dinah says as she looks at (Y/N) "I don't doubt it but I couldn't help myself" he says "y'know now that I think about it that drink sounds pretty good" Dinah says with a smile "I know a few places" (Y/N) says as he smiles back at her "I'm sure you do but why don't I pick the bar and you just bring a good suit" Dinah says "I can do that" (Y/N) says as Dinah starts walking back to her bike "there's a bar six blocks south from here meet me there in an hour" Dinah says as she sits down on her bike "I'll be there" he replies "and one more thing" Dinah says before grabbing the neck of (Y/N)s suit and pulls him towards her before kissing his cheek "see you later" she says as she drives off.  (Y/N) chuckles before putting his finger to his ear comm "Diggle I found her" he says "how'd it go? did you learn anything?" Diggle asks "no but I'm going to" (Y/N) replies as he climbs a fire escape "what's that mean?" Diggle asks "I'm having drinks with her in an hour" (Y/N) answers as he gets onto the roof "and you don't think people are going to be suspicious about the green arrow walking into a bar to have a date?" Diggle asks "that's why it's (Y/N) (L/N) who will be meeting her" (Y/N) replies.

Timeskip one hour (Y/N) pov

After getting a shower I put on a light grey suit and I check myself over in the mirror just as my door opens and my friend John Diggle walks in "all set?" he asks "yeah yeah...how do I look?" I ask "nervous" Diggle replies "what? I'm not nervous" I say "(Y/N) I've seen you take on armed assassins without your bow and even then you weren't shaking as much as you are now" he says "okay maybe I am just a little bit" I say with a smile "just remember you're there too find out what this girls intentions are and if she's a threat" John says with a stern look on his face "I know...I'll be careful" I say "part of me wishes I could believe that but we both know you end up with some crazy women" Diggle says as I put on my watch "oh c'mon name one" I say as I get ready to leave "Helena Bertonelli" Diggle quickly replies "...fair enough" I say as we both walk out to my car.

John parks the car across the road from the bar "this must be the place" I say as I look out the window "must be...are you sure it's a good idea for billionaire (Y/N) (L/N) to be seen out in the glades not alot of people here are fans of rich kids" John says "I'll be fine" I say as I get out of the car.  I walk into the bar and instantly the smell of scotch and cigars hits my nose "is that (Y/N) (L/N)?" I hear someone whisper and slowly I notice people turn their heads towards me, I look around and finally I notice her sitting at a table at the back of the room so I walk up to her "is this seat taken?" I ask causing her too look up at me "nope it's all yours I guess" she says.  I sit down and I look around for a bit "sorry I'm a bit late" I say causing her to look at me with a confused look on her face "what? I think you've already drank too much Mr (L/N)" she says as she let's out a chuckle "because we've never met before" she adds "are you sure? Because I could've sworn that you told me too meet you here...with a good suit" I say with a grin meanwhile she begins to squint her eyes at me before shooting back on her seat "It's you? You're the green arrow?" she asks quietly "I am" I say "and you must be black canary" I respond, she pauses for a moment before grabbing two empty glasses and a bottle of scotch.  She sits back down and pours the scotch into the two glasses before saying "call me Dinah".

To be continued...