Ch. 4: Hidden feelings

After Rowan's annoying and constant poking combined with Haneul's weird intense stare at the back of my neck, I almost bolt out of the classroom before remembering my task as designated tour guide for the new student. Seriously, shouldn't the school be in charge of getting him used to the school? No matter, at least I'm missing class for this. I whirl around to greet Haneul when I head butt into a wall. 

"Ow..." I complain while rubbing my now sore nose. I look at the "wall" and realize that it was Haneul's (rather firm) chest,  I flush in embarrassment and begin stuttering incoherent mumbles when he suddenly grabs my shoulders in a firm grip and frantically inspects my face.

"Oh no, are you ok?? I am so sorry, I was just following you, but I guess I was way too close".

My face flushes a deeper red as I stupidly stutter, "U-uh I'm perfectly fine, just a little bump, I've got a pretty hard tough nose, you know?". I mentally slap myself, you are a complete idiot, what was that?? 'I got a pretty hard nose", oh yeah? Add a soft brain while you're at it too, dingus

Despite my cringey comment, Haneul just laughs, a bright and deep sound, "I'm just glad you're not hurt. Now, where are we going now?". He lets go of my shoulders after a bit longer than necessary and backs up an inch for me to lead.

I walk ahead before realizing something, this is the first time I've heard him speak. Oh God, he's good looking and has a beautiful voice, he's too perfect, I think to myself as I remember how he so easily spoke English as if he were an American all his life, if you ignore his light accent, especially when he pronounces certain words, making them sound as light and fuzzy as him...I need stop, you need to sto-  

I'm abruptly jolted out of my thoughts as Rowan jumps me from behind and quickly covers my eyes, "Guess who~?".

"An asshole?", I answer back sweetly.

That causes him to pout as he uncovers my eyes and spins me around, "Look I'm sorry for annoying you before, I shouldn't have fun of your-", he looks up at Haneul, who was patiently waiting for our conversation to end, then whispered, "feelings. Can you forgive me?". 

I look up at Rowan and try to find some way to give him the cold shoulder at least till the end of the day but, I can never stay mad at him. I nod reluctantly, "Fine, I forgive this time, but shut up when I tell you to, alright?".

He beams at me and nods quickly, "Anything for you WayWay~ Now, I gotta get going to class." He looks behind me at Haneul and says, "Don't know if you like understand me, but nice to meet you, I'm Rowan aka Waylen's friend." 

At this he thrusts his hand out to Haneul who looks on in mild distrust and takes too long to take it, so Rowan just slides his hand back, "Ok...", he leans back towards me, "Now I'm not sure if you should be alone with him, he's kinda sus".

"He's fine, just the um language barrier, that's all, now aren't you late for that class or something?", I stutter as I start bustling him towards said class and averting the fact that I know full well that Haneul could speak perfect English.

"Um ok," Rowan replied, not totally believing me, "but text me if any-" the warning bell rings, making us all jump a bit. 

"Oh shit, cya later bro", Rowan says as he sprints down the hall and goes down the stair three steps at a time. 

I turn to Haneul who was now looking at me strangely and said, "So, just to clarify things, that was my friend Rowan, he's uh eccentric to say the least."

He gives me a strange look then and carefully asks, "Are you sure he is just a friend?".

My eyebrows knit together, giving him a puzzled look, "Well yeah, I'm sure, we've been friends since we were in diapers, what else would he be to me?"

He looks semi-relieved at my answer then gives me that strange look again, almost as if he's holding back something, but the emotion immediately disappears and is quickly replaced with a bright smile that makes me think that maybe I had just imagined it.

"Well," I look at my phone's lock screen for the time, "looks about time for lunch, so we can go to the cafeteria first if you want?"

"Yes, that would be great, thank you.", Haneul replies happily. 

"No prob, let's get going, I guess." I say as I force myself in the direction of my least favorite part of school, lunch. 

----------------------------------------------

Haneul and Waylen's outfits:

Fun Fact: Waylen's fave colors are purple and black💜🖤loves dark colors) while Haneul loves light pastel colors💙(preferably light blue)

-------------------------------------------------------

Well...

Thank you guys so much for reading this and hope you enjoyed. Voice your thoughts in the comments and drop a vote, hope you guys have an awesome day/night!!!!💜