Communication and Contemplation

I sigh softly as I open the door to my house, a rather large colonial with seven bedrooms and five bathrooms equipped with a gym and pool, unfortunately not noticing my father's car in the driveway.

"Why are you back so early? You still have an hour left in your tutoring session", father says as he sits, arm crossed while casually sitting on his La-Z-Boy in the living room. I roll my eyes as I shoulder my bag. 

"Ezra cut the tutoring session short since it was our first meeting and I needed to do homework. Does that suffice?" I answer as I mirror him by crossing my arms.

He nods, "It does, but the attitude doesn't. Waylen, I didn't appreciate your attitude from this morning."

"Well, I didn't appreciate you yelling at me this morning either." I retaliate, "I mean, I know I've been struggling with math, but you don't have to yell at me about it, you could've calmly discussed it with me..."

He sits there at the couch for a moment while I stand in the middle of the hallway going into the living room, just wanting to go to my room right now. My father gets up and walks toward me and looks down at me, further showing the vast height difference between us. 

"Look Waylen, I only yelled because I want what's best for you, not to be mean to you or anything like that." 

I inwardly roll my eyes at the utter bullshit that was, "Alright, well yelling doesn't help at all. It honestly just makes things worse."

Father nods slightly and thinks for a moment, "Ok, then how about a deal. We're both reasonable men, right?"

I nod.

"How about I try to stop yelling and you try to get your grades up without me interfering? How's that sound?"

I look at him, surprised by my father being so reasonable. I ponder over it for a moment, uncrossing my arms and start to nod.

"Yeah, that sounds pretty reasonable to be honest." I hesitate for a moment before offering my hand to shake. My father shakes my hand and smiles, jokingly saying "Pleasure doing business with you Mr. Acker."

I roll my eyes and laugh softly, "Yeah, great doing business with you too Mr. Acker." He nods and gives me the go ahead to go to my room finally. As I reach my room, I throw my bag to the floor and plop on my bed, laid down as I stare at the ceiling. 

Not a second later, my phone buzzes as the group chat fills with text messages. I roll over so I'm on my stomach and dig my phone out of my pocket, checking to see who's been texting me.

Memelord: yooo so is everything prepared?

Polo: ye we got the goods 👍🏽

Art_Diva: 👍🏽

Memelord: 👍🏻

Weeb_Way: ?

Memelord: Oh shit

Polo: yo Way! uhhh wassup? i thought ur tutoring thing didn't end until 5?

Weeb_Way: nah Ezra ended it early for like hw and stuff, but um what were u guys talking about?

Polo: ...

Memelord: ...

Art_Diva: ...um so Way! What were you doing in the br before? 👀

Polo: ye ye what was that about? 👀

Weeb_Way: umm alright look..

Proceeds to tell the tutoring session story

Memelord: wait so..i thought you like fell in love with that Haneul guy..?

Polo: ye the new student, i even set it up and everything tf?

Weeb_Way: guys idek what i'm feeling rn, idek if i even wanna date or anything like that...so chill

Art_Diva: And that's perfectly understandable Way, why don't you take this time to think over and sort out your feelings? And boys, let's talk in the other gc about that other um matter

Weeb_Way: alright..also wait..what other gc?

I waited for a response and when I didn't get an answer, I just shook my head and tossed my phone to the side of the bed. I lie on my back again sighing as I stare at the ceiling. This isn't working, I thought. I get up and walk over to my desk and take out one of my sketchbooks from a mountain standing on my desk and a pencil, sitting down and takes a deep breath, exhaling slowly. I start sketching something, anything to convey what I saw feeling at the moment, not really knowing what I was drawing but just letting my hands do all the work. When I finish, I sit back in my chair, looking at the drawing. 

Ugh, maybe I just need sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Heyo so...true to my word in my bio I'm updating every Friday. Hope you guys liked this chapter! Also, here's a pic of what Way's drawing looks like. 

Make sure to vote and comment your thoughts, till next Friday

Make sure to vote and comment your thoughts, till next Friday. Love you guys! ^^💜