Ch. 5: A drive

I know regular kids my age usually enjoy either one, two, or both periods, gym and lunch. My complete disinterest in both probably further proves the fact that I'm not like most people, ha...

Anyways, I open the door to the cafeteria for Haneul and reluctantly follow in after him. Suddenly, my senses are flooded with the usual aroma and sights of lunch. I almost physically gag at both the smell of the cafeteria food, steamed green beans, greasy pizza, and suspicious chlorine tasting apples as well as the huge crowd and cliques within it.

I look around in slight panic as cheerleaders and jocks from all types of sports taking up at least three tables, either wrestling, passing a basketball to each other, or making out with their girlfriends while the mathletes and overall brainiacs rolled their eyes at the jocks and were studying, reading, or typing away on their laptops. The loners and overall outcasts were texting on their phones, unaware of the world around them. Then the theater, band, and chorus kids as they loudly and rapidly talk with one another, one of them spontaneously singing a beautiful tune or recommending a song on their phone while others start reviewing a new piece of music.

I hesitate before walking up the lunch line as my mind becomes a bit overwhelmed by the sensory overload. Haneul sees this and gives me a look of concern:

"Um are you ok?"

"Y-yeah, I'm ok, just a bit overwhelmed, big crowds never really suited me", I reply with a nervous chuckle. I start to anxiously bite my thumbnail when I jump as I sense something on my hand. When I look down, I notice Haneul's hand had brushed my own for only a few seconds, leaving my hand tingling.

He appears sheepish as he says, "I-if it's ok with you, would you like to go somewhere else for a little bit? Since you're still "showing me around", we're excused from classes today, right?" he then looks at me with a hopeful glimmer in his eyes.

I shrug, "Yeah true, why not?"

Haneul beams and takes my hand then quickly pulls me along with him out the cafeteria and school doors and towards a sleek black car in the student parking lot. I halt to an abrupt stop, jaw dropping like those stupid cartoons or something.

"That's your car??"

Haneul gives me a strange look, "Yes, is it weird or something?"

I quickly shake my head, "Sir we are high school students and therefore are mostly broke, we can only dream of having a car like that."

 At that, Haneul gave another strange look and suddenly started laughing. It was the sweetest thing to hear, like one of those laughs that were so contagious it caused you to start laughing no matter what mood you were in. 

"You know, you're really cute. Has anybody ever told you that?" he said after a few seconds of struggling to breathe again. 

I blush and stand at the parking lot as my brain tries to process what my ears had heard and whether it was true or not. However, before I could fully understand what he said, Haneul takes my hand again and guides me to his (extravagant) car. 

I'm still in semi-shock and hadn't noticed what was happening until Haneul had started the car, it's engine giving out a smooth purr, and started driving down a road heading away from the school.

"W-wait, where are we going again??"

"It's a surprise~ But I promise you will like it a lot."

I sit back in my seat at that, I'm already in the car anyways, and look out the car window at the passing trees and houses.

My phone suddenly vibrates in my pocket and I slide it out:

Polo: so what'd you guys think of my surprise? 😏

WeebWay (me): oh, you mean the new student in my homeroom?

Polo: ye that too...

WeebWay (me): what? what're you not telling me??

Polo: uhhhh i may have mentioned you concerning showing the new kid around...

WeebWay (me): WHAT??

Polo: oop gotta go 🏃💨

WeebWay (me): mf...

I sigh and I guess it was loud enough to make Haneul shoot me a quick glance before quickly resting his eyes back on the road, "Is everything ok?".

"Yeah I'm fine, just keep driving. So we can get to this 'surprise', because right now my curiosity is reaching its limit." 

Haneul grins, "Well, you don't have to wait any longer, we're here."

I look out the window eagerly as Haneul's car turns into the side of the road next to a sidewalk and gasp, "W-wha-?"

------------------------------------------

Hiiii guys, so here's Haneul's car:

----------------------------------------

Anyways, hope you guys loved this chapter and check out my other book "Enemies to Lovers" when you get the chance.

Make sure to vote and comment your thoughts, love you guys!!! 💜