Ghost pt.1

Kate was not a morning person. In fact she wasn't really a day person at all.

"Yelena, are you going to tell me what we're doing on the roof at 5 in the morning." Kate groaned, throwing herself back, feet dangling off the roof.

"If we want to find a ghost we've got to be a ghost, catch." Yelena threw Kate a pair of purple shades while Yelena slipped on her tactical mask.

Kate caught the glasses with ease and quickly slipped them on letting out a small 'woah'

"These are my only pair of comms so don't break them or I will break you."

Kate laughed at the blonde but her laugh soon faded into a nervous chuckle, she could never really tell if Yelena was joking or not.

"So what's the plan, black widow?"

"Don't call me that." Yelena snapped, slipping on her vest.

"Well I was just thinking if we're calling us Young Avengers we kind of need codenames right? I'm the Hawkeye and your..the widow."

Kate ranted, checking over her arrows one last time slipping them into the right places of her quivers so she doesn't accidentally blow anyone up.

"I am not my sister, just like you are not Barton." Yelena said coldly, slipping on her gloves.

"Are you sure about that? Sure yeah we are very different, plus I am a better shot then Clint but look at us, we are them whether you like to admit it or not."

Yelena scoffed, loading up her widow bites, "Yeah and how is that Kate Bishop?"

"You have the iconic widow bites don't you? You wear her symbol, and just like her you wanted out."

Kate said, pointing at the widow's belt before sliding on her quiver and putting her bow over her chest.

"Just because you took his name and the bow does not mean you're an avenger. The word means nothing anymore, I'm simply doing this so I actually can get a job again. I only need you for your house and dog Kate Bishop, don't forget that."

With that she jumped. The breath left in Kate hitched as she watched her leap across the building to the next.

"Okay Kate...you got this..just..jump." She muttered to herself, climbing roofs is one thing, leaping is a whole different thing. She tried once when she was 14, it did not go very well. She ended up breaking a rib.

She needed just the right speed or else she would cut short and if she screwed up her footing just one bit. With a breath she took off feet pushing, now she just needed to-

"Are you coming Kate Bishop? Please... now you want to think? Just jump!"

Kate really hated Yelena, her footing instantly slipped and instead of jumping off she tripped and was falling, the gap wasn't too large so she had just enough time to reach her hand out and grab the ledge. She let out a grunt as her stomach collided with the building.

She quickly pulled herself up rolling on the building and letting out a groan.

"Kate Bishop I know you are tired but come on."

Kate threw up her hand, her middle finger pointing right in Yelena's face who merely just chuckled, taking Kate's hand and helping her up.

"Look, don't think about it, only think about the gap before you jump, that way you know it's possible, then you just run, when you're just about the edge you lift off."