Newly Found Passion

Discretion of readers required.

Fourteen strenuous days passed with him trying and her avoiding.
His attempts failing and her ignorance rising was tough, tough to both yet was impussiant.
His heart yearned to console, to heal, to comfort her injured heart.

The dorp head Balchand's words resounded in him,
"Pyaar chooptha nahi,
Ankon mein dikh hi jatha.
Uska kayaal rakiye, Saheb."

Teaching the evening lessons, inside he was getting ready to make a move today. A small move.
The class dispersed with the hustle - bustle, his voice stern
"Bondita."

Stuffing her belongings was ready to run as usual escaping his eyes and questions.
"Bondita," he called again, audible for all. Giving up, she walked to the front to him.

He waited till the class evacuated,
"Bondita..." called her softly this time.
She lifted her eyes up to him after a inner battle, pain it was pain and guilty in his eyes which she could not stand and that moment she knew it was about that, he wanted to talk about that, the past she wanted to forget, to run away from.

"Bondita..." his voice breaking her tumult thoughts.
"Bondita... muje tujse bath karna hai."
Almost requesting.

"Nahi," her instant answer.

"Bondita... Please."
He was pleading.

Her steps back one by one in fear of his questions, in alarm.
Uttering, "Nahi..."

"Bondita..." He stepped towards her.

"Nahi"

"Bon..."

"Nahi," squealing, she darted out.

If it was for other day he would have followed her forced her to open up to him. He was her Sakha babu, he had the right, the right to share her fright and turmoil.
But today was not the day, he was wanted somewhere else actually needed by someone else. So he gave up on her, giving her much needed time to contemplate.

09:30 PM, Tulsipur.
The late night seemed auspicious as few people ran here and there getting things prepared, prepared for the worse, for the destruction of another child bride.
Away from all, hiding herself, rolling her fists tight banged on the hard trunk of the tree,
"Nahi, fir ek ladki shikar nahi hogi.
Bal vivah ki. Kabhi nahi."

"Tere hothe huye, zaroor nahi hogi."
The firm masculine voice sent shivers down her spine.

The air turned heavy as she turned to spot the direction of the voice well aware of its owner.
As her pashmina sheathed her all, felt relief yet uncertain about his presence and his discovery of her.

Stammering, "Aap..."

"Janthe hain aap, muje?" He questioned.

"Tulsipur ki mashoor Bir Barrister babu ko koun nahi jantha?" She uttered.
"Par aap..."

"Haan, Jab aap bachon ko bacha rahe toh muje bhi aapko bachana chahiye na..." He sounded serious.

Confused at his statement, "kya?"

"Woh wahan koi bal vivah nahi ho rahe balki aapko pakadne ke liye, fasane ke liye jaal hai. Rakshak." He said, giving her time to settle with the fact.

"Aap itne pakka kaise keh sakthy hai?" She doubted.

Passing a subtle smile, "Jab kaka Zamindar honge, itna tho patha hoga na."

"Waise aapko kehna mera farz tha,
Baki aapki marzi." He finished.

Shooking his head in disbelief, he walked few steps away from her and stumbled to fall in the trench.
"Aha... ha... ahaa" he bawled.

ENDEARMENT (ON HOLD)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें