Chapter 26 The Mysterious Beijing Phone

"That's why we came to know that this number is directly transferred to the operator of the special line. This operator is specially transferred to Beijing or something. Anyway, it is a high-level executive. That is to say, it is only used to report special work. ..." An official's secretary, he knows a lot. He took the number, chatted, and looked at my dad more and more thoughtfully. This is the level that ordinary people can't reach, which is the so-called dedicated line. At that time, ordinary people only needed to dial a switchboard number, and they would call whomever they were in, which unit they were in. What is the concept of a dedicated line? have no idea! The secretary only vaguely knew that the special line can only be used when there is a major event, and the special line number is different. I'm afraid only a few people know what it stands for. The secretary obviously did not know the specifics of this special line. He vaguely knew that this special line was from Beijing, which was quite remarkable. The father was stunned for a while, not knowing how to answer. Even the thoughtful look in the secretary's eyes made him uncomfortable, and he could only laugh without answering, which made the secretary feel more and more that my dad might have some deep background. The phone was quickly dialed, and a nice female voice came from the other end of the phone, with a standard Beijing accent, and asked, "What's your forwarding number?" Unlike ordinary telephone calls, this special line does not need to report to a specific unit. You just need to read a special number and you will be transferred to the designated place. Knowing this, the secretary quickly read three numbers, and the call was transferred. Then a female voice asked for the transfer number. The secretary read the last three numbers again, and the call was officially connected. This way of calling makes my dad feel dizzy. It wasn't until the secretary called my dad that my dad answered the phone in panic. The secretary didn't leave when Dad answered the phone. After all, in those days, there was no right to privacy, and no one wanted to make mistakes, so I had to beware of the possibility that my dad was a spy! Of course, my dad doesn't care about this. Anyway, Master Jiang explained it. There is no need to say anything special. "Hello..." The call was connected, and a calm male voice came from the other end of the phone. Just after saying hello, my dad stood up straight on the other end of the phone, as if reporting the situation to the big leader. Some people are like this, they can even express their voice, and the person on the other end of the phone seems to have the bearing of a boss. "You... hello..." My dad held back for a long time, and then came out a Mandarin with Sichuan dialect. After all, the person on the other end of the phone spoke a standard Beijing accent, and he couldn't guarantee that others could understand his Sichuan dialect. "Who are you looking for? What's the matter?" Although his bearing was extraordinary, and his tone was quite polite, this politeness had a natural sense of alienation and distance, and did not make people feel friendly. "I, I'm looking for Jiang Lichun, Mr. Jiang." Dad's mandarin with salt and pepper is difficult to speak, and the pressure from the other end of the phone made him even more nervous and stuttered even more. Even the secretary worries about my dad. My dad was sweating profusely at the moment. There was silence on the other end of the phone, which made my dad's hand with the microphone tremble slightly. I can't seem to figure out how to deal with the current situation. . His palms were sweating, for fear that he would offend this person if he suddenly said something wrong. Fortunately, there was no long silence over there, and suddenly he asked eagerly, "Who are you then?" "I, I, I am Chen Chengyi's father." The father reported his identity according to Old Man Jiang's instructions. At this time, not only the secretary was wondering, but I was also wondering why my father didn't say who he was, but insisted that he was my father, and I knew that person? I have such a good temper? The secretary still doesn't know who Chen Chengyi is. He probably just wants to know if this humble villager has a talented child named Chen Chengyi?

    "Cheng Yi? Cheng Yi! Not bad, not bad." The other end of the phone said something inexplicably, like a question, like a sigh, plus two nice words, which made my dad confused and didn't know what he was a man. mean.

"Okay, I get it, I'll go and inform Jiang Lichun, is there anything else to say?" He sighed and said a few words of my name. He planned to hang up the phone and just asked politely. If my dad quits, this is the end? No! I don't know where the courage came from. My dad is also fluent in salt and pepper mandarin, and said loudly: "Please tell Mr. Jiang that my daughter's condition is not good. I asked him for help. I am in a hurry now." The other end of the phone was still so calm, he just said slowly, "I'll do it as soon as possible." After finishing speaking, before my dad could say anything, he hung up the phone, leaving my dad alone to hold the microphone and listen to the beeping voice in a daze, unable to recover for a long time. In short, my dad did his best to save my second sister. Compared with the life of the second sister, even if you have to face your own destiny in the future, you have to endure it. My dad made this call because of his determination. It's just that the phone call is confusing, inexplicable. My dad was uneasy, so he sighed and left the town hall! Do your best and you won't regret it. In the blink of an eye, a week has passed. My second sister's situation is getting worse and worse. For the past few days, I've always had 1 to 2 hours of wakefulness a day. During that time, she would cry and tell my mom that she was scared. I was very scared, as if there was something I wanted to tell my family. But don't remember anything after that. And these few days, the second sister has been in a coma or a comatose state for most of the day. When she wakes up, she opens her big empty eyes, doesn't speak, doesn't answer, like a soulless person! As for the night, that was the most painful time for our family, because at 11 o'clock in the evening, the second sister would always get up and go to the cemetery. At this time, she was like a different person, her eyes and expressions would always become very gloomy and resentful, and her family could not stop her. She would always change her ways to hurt herself, and even if she was tied up, she couldn't stop her. It bites its own mouth and bites its tongue. The parents were in great pain, so they had to stop the second sister's mouth and hold her body to prevent her from hurting herself. When it was the most painful, my father even took out a kitchen knife and shouted directly at the second sister: "Come out, don't mess with my daughter, I will die with you." What was exchanged was a series of frantic laughter and contemptuous glances. Even my dad, a man who has always been strong, couldn't help squatting on the ground and hugged his head in pain! When the daughter is sad, the pain of the parents will not be much less. In desperation, the second sister could only go to the cemetery. We cannot bear that she is already weak and hurt. She was still singing on the grave, and our family had to take turns watching over her. But the worst case scenario goes far beyond that. People in the village have noticed this. You think, who doesn't panic when strange singing comes from the cemetery every night? Wang Laohan was just the first to discover it.

    I sang like this for three days, and a few brave people in the village made an appointment to go to the cemetery to find out, and finally got to know my family.

The people in the village are very kind, and there are a lot of people who sympathize with my family, but in those days, it was hard to say weird people, and they could only say something to comfort us if they wanted to help us. There are also rumors in the village. The basic rumors are: "How could that good girl from Chen's hometown be mentally ill?" "Hey, I went to see that girl, she was too skinny and her face was terrifyingly white." It's something my parents hear every day, but it's even more heartbreaking. Everyone in the village sighed when they saw it, but they were all ordinary people. Even in the countryside, I have heard many sneaky stories. What can they do? In fact, everyone is a sensible person. Knowing that my second sister cannot suddenly become mentally ill, they all understand what happened to my second sister. In addition, sympathy belongs to sympathy, because of the situation of my second sister, the people in the village also panic. Widow Zhou came to my house. She is the only person in the village who has direct contact with the ghost. After all, she has lived with Zhou Da's ghost for seven years, so she can be considered an experienced person. My family helped her and Zhou Da. She remembered that she came to our house wanting to help.