7

Mai woke up with a start in a bright room.
She stared up at a white paneled ceiling for about three seconds before sitting up.

She was in a light blue hospital gown and in all honesty, she felt great.

A few older injuries that had been sloppily stitched up felt completely healed.

She stood up and walked to the bathroom to take a shower.
She took off her hospital garments and looked in the mirror.

She veiwed every scar in discust.
She remembered vividly how she received every one.

But she knew she deserved them.

'After all the lives of taken.'
She thought.
'I deserve more then this.'

She sighed and stepped into the shower
Turning on the water.

She knew everything was fine, and she knew she shouldn't worry anymore.

She frowned when the warm water hit her back, it flowed down her body and covered her hands.

She flinched at the feeling of hot liquid and her eyes darted down.

She stepped back in horror after seeing her hand and coated in red.
She backed away from the water looking at her red stained hands.
But after she blinked, she saw instead of red dripping from her shaking hands it was clear water.

She quickly changed the water to cold and shiverd when it hit her, she sat there trying to drown her fears with freezing water.

Of course it wasn't that easy, she quickly cleaned herself before stepping out.
She didn't look in the mirror, she was scared she would see a monster coated in blood rather than a clean teenage girl.

She slowly dried herself off still ignoring her refection and exited the room.
"Your safe."
She whispered in an attempt to calm herself down.

She looked around the once empty hospital room.
But now the room wasn't empty, inside was a woman with light brown hair tied in a ponytail.

"Hello! I see your already awake and clean, I'm going to need to run a quick check up."
The nurse smiled.

Mai nodded and sat on the bed.
The nurse ran several test but Mai seemed to be in perfect health.
"You have a few visitors, are you up for that?"
The nurse asked.

Mai shrugged.
"Sure."

The woman nodded and walked out.

A few moments later she came back with a small rodent looking man and all might.

"HELLO YOUNG RIKA!!!! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?!?!"
His Boisterous voice hurt Mais sensitive ears but she didn't say anything about it.
"I'm doing fine."

"We are so happy to hear that!"
The mouse dude said in a very high pitched voice.
"I'm Nezu! The principal of UA high school, are you familiar with it?"

Mai raised an eyebrow.
'Ive only been gone for five years, I know what the number one her school is.'

"Yep."
She responded simply.

"That's good! Mai I think considering your current situation UA would be the perfect place for you to attend school."

Mai looked down.
She should jump at the opportunity to go to this famous school, it's the dream of so many kids to just walk the halls.

"Sir," she practically whispered.
"I've killed people, I'm not someone you want in your hero school."
She looked down at her hands, remembering the horrible things she'd done with them.

"Actually I think UA is the perfect match for you! You already have more combat experience then most of the students combined! And besides, recently one of our hero course classes was attacked by villains."
His mood seemed to change from happy to serious.
"We Teachers have been trying to beef up security as much as possible, and a new student with amazing combat experience wouldn't be such a bad idea!"
He went back to happy.

"I haven't been I school since I was ten, I'm way behind the other students."
Mai told him.

"I already thought of that! During classes you can listen to personalized lessons from me untill your completely caught up! So what do you say?!"

Mai looked at all might.
"I'm not gonna be able to convince him not to let me into his school am I?"

"LIKELY NOT YOUNG RIKA!!!"
He yelled.

Mai nodded.
"Well then sure I guess."
She shrugged.

"How lovely!! Once you're able to leave the hospital you can stay in the teachers dorm! It's mainly empty but it's made to house teachers and students who don't live close by!!"
He clapped his... Paws.
"Well it's settled- oh and by the way! The press has been asking to interview people who were apart of the fight at the arena, I've told them that you aren't available for an interview and wanted to remain anonymous in any mention of you, is that correct?"

She nodded.

"Okay then! I'll see you soon!"

Mai gave a small wave and soon the room was empty except her.
She flopped down on the bed.
'UA?'
She sat up suddenly remembering something.
'Both Midoriya and Bakugou wanted to go there right?!'

She wasn't sure if she was extremely nervous or excited about seeing the closest person to a friend she's ever had other then Kai.

'What am I gonna do?'
She thought looking up at the ceiling.