32

"Rika I can not allow you-"

"I understand but please listen."
Mai said with a sigh.
"There are villains setting fire to the woods and some sort of gas is spreading along with it, that wall of fire is in between where most of the students are and us.
Making it difficult for them to get back and sperating them from most of the teachers."
She pointed out the broken window.
Nezu's voice echoing in her mind.

"recently one of our hero course classes was attacked by villains-
-a new student with amazing combat experience wouldn't be such a bad idea!"

That was one of his reasons for excepting her.
It had been months and all she's done was make him rework his schedule so he could give her personalized lessons.

It was time for her to do something.

"I can get students out of that inferno and bring them back here, with my speed and wings I can bring them back quickly and with my advanced senses I can easily locate them."
She continued looking him in the eye.

He thought about this for a minute but remained unconvinced.
"It's too dangerous, if a villain engages you-"

"She can avoid them."
Uraraka interrupted.
"When a Villain approached us and she was able to hear him way before he got to close and then she quickly carried both of us here."
She reasoned giving Mai a tight smile.

Mai nodded in thanks and looked back at the pro hero.
"I promise not to engage any villains, but please allow me to rescue my fellow students."
She pleaded.

He looked at her, he knew her past like every other staff member at UA. But this wasn't what he expected when he heard about class 1-a's gladiator.
She wasn't angry or impulsive.
She was calm, calculated and reasonable.

"Alright fine."
He nodded.
"But if you get too injured, or something starts to go wrong you come back in here and stay put. You hear me?"

Mai bowed.
"Thank you sir."
She said before turning on her heel and jumping through the window.

...................

She looked over the forest at the area she and Uraraka were just at, spotting the two 1-B student she had just seen.
While the student Kuroiro could easily shadow travel back to the safe fortress, he stayed with his friend. The now unconscious Komori.
Mai landed and bent down.
"What happened?"
She questioned.

"I don't know, the wind blew and a weird mist came by that's when she started to pass out."
He said kneeling by his friend.
Mai looked at the fired surrounding them before bending down to pick her up.

"I'll fly her back. Can you use your quirk to save yourself?"
She asked.

He nodded, still nervously eyeing Komori.
"She'll be fine."
Mai assured him before lifting them up into the air, carrying the unconscious girl bridal style.
She flew above the fog of gas hoping that would do the girl some good.
She flew in though the window and set her down.
"She inhaled some of that gas, I'm not sure if it's deadly or not but she's still breathing."
She informed them as Iida came up to check on her.
"Kuroiro should show up some time, he said her could get out himself."

Mai said running back to the window.

...................

"-They are targeting a boy from class
1-A named Kachan"
A voice screamed in Mai's head as she flew with Jirou over the woods.
The fifth person she's rescued so far.

A message from one of the wild pussycats 'Mandalay' through her quirk.
And by the use of Bakugou's nickname she could tell Midoriya was the one providing the information.
Meaning he was probably safe with heros...

Probably.

...................

Mai spent all night, even after it was confirmed that the villains left, with Bakugou.
Mai flew back and forth, flying any injured students back to safety.
Until sun rise.

"Alright kid, thats fine. You've done enough."
Aizawa said placing a hand on Mai's shoulder.
She panted a little bit, her adrenaline was wearing off and she didn't want to go full demon mode just for energy.
"But-"

"No buts. You need to get your knees checked out, those cuts look pretty deep."
He ordered.
Mai nodded and walked to a paramedic.
A dark skinned woman with buzzed golden hair and matching golden eyes.
"Let me see your knees honey."
She said with a thick accent that Mai recognized but couldn't quite place.

The woman's hands lit up with golden light that looked like sand dancing in the air around Mai's legs.
The pain went away almost immediately and the wounds slowly closed leaving golden scars behind.
"Thank you ma'am."
Mai said bowing.

"Call me Alma."
She said with a bright white smile.
"I'm a little to young for ma'am."

"Alright then, Alma."
Mai nodded walking off, she was stopped by another doctor.

"Have you been checked out yet?"
The red headed woman asked looking Mai over.

"Yeah Alma just healed me."
Mai said pointing behind her.

The woman tilted her head in confusion.
"Who?"
She asked looking behind Mai, only to see nothing.