48

"So this is what we're doing huh?"
Mai said, laying on her back looking at the screen of her phone, it told her that it was already two in the morning. Her quirk made Her eyes glow as it decided that Mai would not, in fact get any sleep tonight.

She was able to hear the electricity buzzing from the outlet beside her and though the lights were off her night vision was activated allowing her to see her empty room clearly dispite the lack of light. She was sitting with her back against the wall holding a certain plush hero in her arms as though it could actually protect her.

Her quirk was convenienced attack as inevitable and it was best to stay alert, likely because of the negative attitude she'd held for this whole day.

It easily picked up the sound of the few other students awake. Though most had been taken by sleep, two apart from Mai were still walking around. One headed down Mai's hall and stopping by her door.
'Ah yes! An assassination attempt.'
She thought glumly only partly joking.

A light knock sounded and she could hear shuffling and what sounded like sniffles.
She rolled her eyes praying that God would just strike her down now and save this poor soul the trouble, as she approached the door.
She opened it and raised an eyebrow waiting for an explanation, only for the intruder to immediately fall to the ground.

Her eyes widened as the worst possiblities came to her mind, are they hurt? Dying?
She looked down and saw Kirishima on his hands and knees, his hair wasn't spiked up like usual, it was falling around his eyes as he sobbed.
"Kiri-"
Mai bent down in confusion to meet the boy only to be quickly interrupted.

"I-im sorry."
He whispered looking up at her with genuine remorse.
"I-I am a b-bad freind."
He apologized leaving Mai a thousand times more confused then before.

"What... H-hey get up."
She whispered putting her hand on his shoulder. She didn't know what was going on but she didn't like him groveling like this.
She didn't want to see him cry.
"Please get up."
She pleaded biting her lip.

"I shouldn't have ignored you."
He muttered his red eyes puffy from crying.
He sniffled a bit more and looked back down.

"N-no it's fine, P-please get up Kirishima."
She sat on her knees and forced him up, tears formed in her own eyes.
Why was he apologizing? She was the one who kept secrets. She was the one with the horrible past. Not him.
"You don't d-do anything wrong."
She mumbled grabbing his arms in desperation.

"I- I can't imagine what you- and how- today must have been hard and as your friend I should have been there."
His guilt was clear though Mai still thought it was unnecessary. He sat up and reached out hesitantly before sliding his arms around her and pulling her in.
He did it slowly and looked for any signs that she was uncomfortable. There were none and she reached around him to cautiously pulling herself close to him.

He couldn't stop himself, he gently pulled her on his lap and held her tightly against his chest wanting to get as close to her as possible.
He wasn't the only one sniffling anymore, Mai was practically sobbing into his shirt as the loneliness from today actually set in. Her need to be close to someone caused her to hold onto Kirishima as though her life depended on it.

"If you ever need anything please tell me."
He whispered hoarsely into her hair, his hand rubbing circles on her back as he leaned against her door frame.
The rules said they weren't supposed to have the opposite gender in their dorms past Eleven pm. But Technically the door was open and he wasn't in her dorm, he was in her doorway.

He ran his fingers through her long hair, gently working out the tangles trying not to disturb her as his hands played with the individual strands. Mai sniffled and pulled away her eyes were flickering from grey to red and she looked at him with a pout.
"I can't sleep."
She admitted as she looked away nervously.
This was stupid, what was he supposed to do about that? He probably could sleep now that he apologized.

"Have you ever watched Highschool musical?"
He asked with an excited smile.

...................

Mai curled up against Kirishima as the credits for the second highschool musical movie rolled.
The computer was sitting on his lap and Mai was beside him.
originally they were leaning against the wall.
But by the third musical number in the second movie they were in a laying position and Kirishima had his arm around her.
His arm around her! They were snuggling.
Over the weekend his feelings for her not only stayed steady but they also got stronger.

His admiration only increased as he discovered everything she went through.
He watched hawk's and Nezu's interviews on his phone privately like everyone else and worried over whether or not she'd come back to school.
But when she finally did he didn't know what to say, and neither did anyone else so he just...
Acted like she still wasn't there.

But she was and now she was curled against his side and snuggling into his shirt.
He bit his lip in giddy excitement.
They were actually like... Cuddling.
Cuddling.
He and his crush were cuddling.
But now he couldn't get up.
He eyed the closed door across the room as he tried to decide if he should risk waking her up by leaving or if he should risk getting in trouble by being caught in a girls room.

Aizawa never actually talked to him like he said he would at camp after him and Mai fell asleep on the porch and he was sure if he was caught snuggling with Mai a second time Aizawa would probably behead him or something drastic like that.

Maybe even expell him.
There was no way he was going to be expelled for something like this before Mineta.

As he started to sit up Mai rolled into him, throwing both an arm and a leg around him and hugging.
Kirishima then decided that Mai deserved her sleep and if that meant expulsion for Kirishima than that was a price he was willing to pay.