42

"I know someone who can help us."
Was all hawks said before contacting the news caster named Rin Aoi.
An old friend of his from work.
She worked for one of the biggest news networks in Japan and they were itching for a good story.

So Mai sat in a dressing room.
Makeup artists powdering her face and brushing through her hair before forcing her into a white sundress.
The scars on her neck, arms and legs remained uncovered.

Her black flats tapped against the floor as she walked to the studio on a slightly raised up platform with two comfortable chairs and a table complete with a fake window that displayed a Silhouette of Tokyo and a night sky.
Aoi was already sitting on a chair, applying a last bit of red lipstick before turning to Mai and smiling.

"How you feeling doll?"
She asked cheerfully.

"I feel like a barbie."
She said touching her lips that were painted a lighter pink.
The news station was briefed on Mai's story and agreed to take her side.
Hawks trusted Aoi to not turn in the middle of the interview and paint Mai as a villain through her genius reporter magic.

Because of this the makeup and outfit given to Mai made her seem more girlish and innocent, while Aoi looked sexy and bold with her tight black dress, intricate eyeliner and bright lipstick.

The woman laughed a practiced fake laugh used on tv a million times.
"Oh honey you look great! And there's absolutely no reason to be nervous! I'm sure you'll do great!"
She said placing a hand on Mai's knee before a camera man yelled something.

The people behind the camera buzzed around doing the jobs Mai didn't know existed.
But she kept her eyes on Hawks.
He stood in the back giving her a thumbs up and a smile.

"TWO MINUTES!"
Another camera man yelled.

...................

Aizawa banged on the door on Midoriya's room The last kid he needed to drag to the common room.
All around UA teachers were doing the same.
Taking children to watch tonight's news.

"Yes sir?"
Midoriya said poking his head out.
"Common room, now."
The man commanded using only three words.

"O-okay! Hey can I ask-"
The boy stuttered.

"No."
Aizawa said simply knowing what it was about.
He'd heard it so much through the past three days, All any of the students wanted to talk about was Mai.
And some of them weren't that nice.

Aizawa went to the common room with Midoriya trailing behind, he snatched the remote from Denki who was watching a cartoon with Mina and Kota.
"Hey! Come on man!"
The boy complained pouting as Aizawa silently changed the channel.

The news channel played relaying information from a few months ago.
Information on an underground arena and statistics on how many people died in there.
"Almost forty precent of missing persons from between the last ten years to eight months have been confirmed to have fought and died in the arena-"

"Come on man this is old news! I want to watch cocomelon-"
Denki began to complain but was quickly shut down.

"Just watch."
Aizawa grumbled eyes never leaving the tv.

"So why are we revisiting this?"
The screen turned to a live recording of Rin Aoi. The woman smiled.
"Because today I will be the first person to have an actual interview with the gladiator know as 'the champion"
The screen showed a picture with the outline of a person with a question mark over it.

"The Champion was a fighter who survived in the arena for five years and helped heroes like All might, Hawks, and best Jeanest take the arena down!"
She exclaimed throwing some of her long blonde hair over her shoulder.

"So who is this Champion? What is their story? These are the questions we will answer today! In this interview!"
She stopped for dramatic effect and took a breath.
"So let me introduce you to this girl, once known as the champion She was given the name fallen angel...
But now say hello the the UA first year

Mai Rika."