40

A crowd of students gathered around the 1-A dorms trapping the students inside.
The teachers did the best they could to urge them back to the dorms while additional help was on the way.

Including Hawks.
After All might was unable to access Mai's room of calm her down from behind her door he was called in.
Him flying the girl out would be better than them parading her out the front door and through the gates anyway.
They could only imagine what this situation was doing to her.

The hero flew over the students of UA.
Some took out their phone wondering if the gladiator from one A would actually fight them or be taken into custody willingly but nonetheless wanting to capture the scene on video.

His eyes never looked down at the crowd below, his eyes set evenly on his distention.
He opened the unlocked window and crawled in.
His entry made Kai's form dissolve from Mai's Vision as reality began to creep back into the room.

"Kid?"
Hawks said gently, approaching the huddled figure.
The girl was curled up, her nails digging into her skin and her eyes glowing red.
He bent down and placed a hand on her shoulder.
She flinched back violently and slapped away his hand.

"It's alright kid, everything is gonna be alright"
He whispered leaning in.
She sniffled as her vision focused on the intruder.
"Hawks?"
She gasped, panting like she just got through running a marathon.

"Yeah, yeah it's me kid."
He said settling down infront of her.
Her grey eyes were bloodshot and full of tears.
Her hair was tangled as the tips brushed her bleeding arms.
Her grip was so strong her fingernails broke the surface of her pale skin.
Hawks reached out again and took her wrists in his hands slowly pulling them from her arms.

He'd never seen her like this.
Dispite her past he never thought of her as particularly unstable.
It hurt him to see his friend panicking like this and hurting herself in the process.
"I- i- there are p-people outside."
Mai gasped tears falling heavily.
"They're scared."
She whispered guilt clogging her throat making her breath hitch.

"I don't want people to be scared of me."

Hawks watched as the girl sniffled and rubbed her eyes as they flickered from grey to red and back again.
"I know kid, I know."
He whispered leaning forward and wrapping his arms around her.
"We have to go."

She nodded and let him pull back.
Her eyes teary and red.
"O-okay."

Hawks grabbed a hoodie off the floor.
"Put this on, flying might get cold."
He suggested.
She grabbed the hoodie and climbed into it.
Her eyes stayed watching the corner of her room.
The corner where the hallucination of her past freind haunted only a few seconds ago.

The hoodie soaked in the small amount of blood that decorated her arms but she would definitely need to clean them once they arrived at their destination.
Hawks reached his hand out and Mai took it.
Then together they leapt out the window hawks grabbed her midair and pulled her to his chest before lifting himself and his cargo high above the dorms.
Then with the speed he was known for, he soared though the crisp autumn air and over the tall UA wall.

...................

"So where are we again?"
Mai asked crossing her arms after their landing.
The fly here cleared her head, no the only emotion she showed was anger.

Hawks pressed his lips together looking at the younger girl through the corner of his eye.
"Oh um... Yeah you might not like this..."
He mumbled rubbing the back of his neck as he pressed a button on the gate in front of a large house.

Mai raised an eyebrow, not liking where this was going.
"Why?"

"Well the only place we could put you at such short notice is-"

"Come in."
A familiar voice said as the gate slowly started to open.

"No thanks! I think I'll take my chances with the riot at UA!"
Mai said turning abruptly only for hawks to grab her hood.
"Oh come on! Endeavor might be a dick but he's still a pro hero!"
He said with a smile.
"Plus he said you can stay as long as you need with him and his family while we figure this mess out!"

Hawks drug Mai through the gate and up to the front door which was opened by a woman with white hair tipped with bright red.
"Hi! welcome- oh my goodness you look horrible!"
the woman exclaimed when her eyes landed on Mai.
She wasn't wrong, Mai had bags under her eyes deeper than the sea and hair matted to the back of her head.

Mai nodded and gave a small smirk.
"Thanks i guess."

the woman's face flushed red with embarrassment.
"Sorry! that was rude, please come in my father is expecting you!"
she said waving them in.
"My name is Fuyumi Todoroki."
she introduced herself while walking then through a large foyer room to a living room

Mai and Hawks walked barefoot through the expensive house to where Endeavor sat.
"Hey Endeavor! you're looking less flamey than usual!"
Hawks said making himself comfortable.

"It's nice to meet you Fuyumi Todoroki, my name is Mai Rika."
Mai said with a bow.
Fuyumi recognized the name.
Mai Rika "the angel" from the news but didn't say anything.
Her father might have his faults but he wouldn't bring someone into the house if they were a potential threat.

"It's nice to meet you as well Rika! now come on you look like you could use a nice warm shower and a change of clothes! please follow me!"
Fuyumi beckoned at Mai to follow and glared at her father when he opened his mouth to object.
"When i'll get back i'll fix you all a nice cup of tea! Father chat with hawks until Mai is done, it won't be that long."
she hummed leading the way down the halls.