Chapter 09| Royal Court Meeting

T

he next morning, Huang Dewei slowly opened his eyes as he sat up on the bed. He rubbed his eyes and yawned as he looked around and he was all alone. Wang Lei was gone and for a second Huang Dewei thought, he dreamt about last night when he saw a note on his side table 'Rest for a day and meet me tonight. We have something to do- Wang Lei.' After reading the note, he realised last night everything was real as he remembered Wang Lei's warm embrace.

Huang Dewei turned red as he looked at the blanket and smell it. It smelt like him...he laid back down on the bed and closed his eyes as he could feel his scent.... living proof that he was here. His scent was everywhere on his bed and he could not help and desire forbidden things yet again. As he came back to his sense he quickly shook away his head and came out from the bed. He was in better condition and it was all thanks to Wang Lei who came and helped him all night.

He felt a sudden desire to run and see him...he wanted to see him like he miss him which was crazy...He quickly clean up his room, changed his clothes and headed towards his office. He reached the main palace and towards his office chamber where he saw Cheng standing outside of his door. They both greeted each other.

'Your Majesty is not in his office chamber. He is a royal meeting court.' Cheng informed him and Huang Dewei nodded his head. The royal meeting was a meeting that took place between his Majesty and all the other ministers where they told him about what was happening and what needed to be done to improve the well-being of the Wang Dynasty. It was a discussion meeting that could include a discussion regarding the financial and business state of the dynasty, war and peace agreements happening with other dynasties, and crimes and complaints of the nation. Everything was presented in front of Wang Lei and he made a decision regarding it. People from the palace were only allowed inside hence Huang Dewei can go too.

Huang Dewei decided to go to the Royal meeting and started walking. He reached outside the royal meeting court and entered inside. He walked and sat down at the back of the row where other guards and servants were also sitting. It was his first time in the Royal meeting palace. He looked up and saw him sitting on a throne at the top of his chair while others sat in front of him on the ground in a respectful manner. Huang Dewei looked at his powerful aura as he heard him speak in an authoritative tone.

'If the ruler of the Qi sector wanted to make peace with us then set up his meeting with me. I would love to meet the ruler hence minister of international affairs I order you to invite them over for dinner by next week.' Wang Lei ordered in response everyone else nodded their head and Huang Dewei could not believe it was the same man who took care of him last night. No one would have believed that it was the same man who was sitting like a stone-cold heartless man on a throne right now was the same man who hugged Huang Dewei softly to keep him warm and begged him to call out his name last night. Huang Dewei could not help and smile as his gaze followed and stop on a person sitting at the right side of him... a little far away from him and his breath stopped. It was Xin Ying.

That was the first time he was seeing her and he felt stupid that he did not think she would be here too. She was sitting quietly listening and just nodding her head. She looked dull and not happy. Huang Dewei tried to hide behind other people as he saw her looking all sorrowful and miserable. Is she not happy with Wang Lei? Yeah he knows she loved him and they wanted to be together but how she can not desire a man like Wang Lei. Huang Dewei thought as he stares towards her and he felt bad for her. He really wanted to talk to her and he does not like the fact that she was looking sad. He wanted to ask what was wrong and now he was thinking of a way to meet her again as soon as possible. He completely forget about her because his attention was diverted unknowingly towards someone else. The time was passing slowly as Wang Lei made decisions and listened to what others had to say while all Huang Dewei did was stare towards the silent and quiet Xin Ying when he heard Wang Lei