Chapter 20| Rejection

Huang Dewei looked towards him as they were silently walking alongside each other. The emptiness of the small streets and stars shining in the sky was making the atmosphere warm while there was a storm inside Huang Dewei's mind. He still could feel a burning sensation on his leg where he touched him..or done more than just touching...he devoted that spot with his lips like an animal. And as much as Huang Dewei wanted to ask why he did, he could not say a word.

'Did you hear anything important at the party?' Wang Lei asked while breaking the awkward silence between them.

'They were talking about your meeting with the ruler of Qi country and that you should stay away from the matter of these poor kids since nobody cares about them.' Huang Dewei told him what he had heard and Wang Lei nodded his head as he had not looked at him. Huang Dewei was looking toward him while trying to read his feelings, but his face was emotionless.

'Anything else?'

'They also said that people behind these kids would try to kill you if you tried to find out too much about them.' Huang Dewei said seriously, remembering the death threat regarding Wang Lei's life when he heard Wang Lei's laugh.

'Are you laughing? Do you think that's a joke?' Huang Dewei asked, getting a little angry but Wang Lei kept laughing.

'Because it is fun knowing that they think my life is important.' Wang Lei said as he laughed hysterically like it was still funny. Huang Dewei wanted to say something but he angrily sighed and looked away. Why does he think his life is not important? What makes him think that nobody cares about his existence?

'Who do you suspect is behind those poor children killing?' Huang Dewei asked curiously as Wang Lei looked at him.

'I don't know. I just doubt that it could be someone who works at the palace or in a higher position, but I could be completely wrong.' Wang Lei explained that once he stopped laughing, but he was still smiling. and Huang Dewei just nodded his head.

'That's it. Is there anything else they gossip about?' Wang Lei asked after a few seconds breaking the silence Huang Dewei looked at him and then he spoke up

'They also said you quickly moved on from your previous royal guard who was also your lover.' Huang Dewei carefully said those words and then he saw Wang Lei's smile disappearing as he stopped in his tracks and looked back at him.

'What?'

'They said your previous royal guard was your lover.' Huang Dewei said but it was more like he was asking for confirmation while Wang Lei was stunned over this new revelation.

'That is bullshit.' Wang Lei said as he fumed with anger.

'So he was not your lover?' Huang Dewei asked, still wanting to confirm and Wang Lei glared at him because he did not like his question or his tone.

'It is a baseless rumour. He was like a brother to me.' Wang Lei screamed as he clenched his fist vexed.

'So there was nothing between you and him?' Huang Dewei asked

'Yes, there was nothing between me and him.' Wang Lei replied as he sighed to calm himself

'I thought you mess with him like you are messing with me...I felt sorry for him.' Huang Dewei ruthlessly and Wang Lei dumbfounded looked at him at his words.

'Do you think I am messing with you?' Wang Lei asked

'Do you think you are not? Then explain to me what you were doing just in the room a while ago. Do you think what you did to me was not sexual?' Huang Dewei asked straightforwardly, calling out Wang Lei on his behaviour who was even more taken aback by his straightforwardness. He did not expect Huang Dewei to call him out like this. He opened and closed his mouth astonished, but nothing came up to him.