Chapter 55| Old Love or Obsession?

Wang Lei entered his room chamber while Feng Zhi walked away to put his blood filled clothes somewhere. Want Lei entered inside his room and his gaze fell on Huang Dewei who was pacing around the room. As the door was closed behind him, Huang Dewei stopped pacing around worriedly and a looked uo towards him.

'Where were you?' Huang Dewei asked directly as walked towards him towards him. Wang Lei looked up at him as he smiles on his concerned over Wang Lei disappearance. He always pretend he does not care about Wang Lei but then he always show worries towards him.

'I went out to get fresh air. Nothing much.' Wang Lei replied and Huang Dewei looked at him suspiciously like he was not buying that.

'I came last night and you were still not in your room. You are missing from last night, not from early morning. What kind of fresh air do you need that you were out all night and morning.' Huang Dewei asked as he remembered he came last night as well and Wang Lei stares at him who looked like his wife asking about his whereabouts. He somehow felt it pleasing.

'Were you worried for me?' Wang Lei asked as he folded his arms over his chest

'Yes, your safety is my duty as your bodyguard which I still am.' Huang Dewei replied sharply

'I thought since you hate me so much I live and die will not matter to you anymore. Even if I die, won't your life will become easy. You will be free and can go away from here.' Wang Lei said sarcastically and Huang Dewei clenched his fist regarding his non-serious views regarding his life usual. He bite his lips as he controlled not to snap at him.

'Just tell me where you went?' Huang Dewei asked going back to the topic and Wang Lei sighed as he spoke up

'I went to have some alone time Weiwei...it's not a big deal. You see there is nothing wrong with me and I am perfectly fine.' Wang Lei said as he lied and Huang Dewei looked at him who seem perfectly fine and now he felt stupid for worrying without any reason. Everyone needs alone time so does he? He should not bother him too much. Huang Dewei stares at him not saying anything when there was a knock on his door. The door opened as Xin Ying entered inside

'You are back...I am happy to see you fine and I hope Huang Dewei is calm now after seeing you all fine.' Xin Ying said as she smiled at them and then walked and stand next to Huang Dewei.

'I told you there is nothing to worry about. His father told me he sometimes goes to get some fresh air and alone time.' Xin Ying said to Huang Dewei as she laugh and they both just looked at each other without saying anything.

'How are you and baby feeling? I am sorry that I could not come last night to read the story to baby at bedtime.' Wang Lei said as he looked towards Xin Ying who smiled and looked at him.

'We both are feeling fine. Well, Huang Dewei filled in at your place last night so you are fine, you have to stay longer tonight to read the story.' Xin Ying said excitedly and Wang Lei looked at him suspiciously as he did not like the fact that they were alone last night while Huang Dewei stole away his eyes even though he was not guilty. He did not go on purpose, he went to check if Wang Lei was there since he was worried fit him and Xin Ying told him not to worry and read a book for the baby if he could and he could not reject her offer.

'Well, that's good to hear.' Wang Lei said as he fake smiled while he was glaring at Huang Dewei who was looking down, not daring to look up towards him.

'Yeah, Huang Dewei is good at storytelling. We had a great time last night' Xin Ying said happily and then she realised her mistake. She should not have worded them like this. Her words could give the wrong meaning. She quickly looked up and saw Wang Lei coldly looking at Huang Dewei. She indeed made a mistake. She realised Wang Lei did not like that they were together last night. There was a complete awkward silence between them.