Chapter 5: Reunion

Lana's at Lex's reunion and she sees him looking at statue on top of the building

Lana's at Lex's reunion and she sees him looking at statue on top of the building. Lana softly smiles and says "We had a stuffed crow at Smallville High. Two different worlds, huh?" Lex says, "In this case, I think I prefer yours. If that's how you feel, why come to this thing?" Lex says, "Well, Lana, some of deepest pockets in the country went to Excelsior. These alumni socials are good for business." Lana says, "Oh, then, let's be social so we can get the hell out of here." Liana walks up to Lana and says, "Lana. Your billionaire drag you to this thing, too?" Lex says, "Oliver's here?" Liana says, "I don't get it. You put a bunch of pubescent boys in silly jackets and cram them full of pomp and circumstance." Lana laughs and Oliver walks over and says, "I don't know. We all turned out alright. Didn't we?" Oliver walks to stand next to Liana and two guys follow and stand next to Oliver. Lex says, "I can only speak for myself. Geoffrey, Alden..." Alden says, "Lex..." Lex says, "How's business?" Alden says, "Not as good as you, but, hey." Liana says, "And you guys were all friends?" Lex says, "Something like that." Geoffrey says, "Man, after 10 years, gang's all here." Alden says, "Except for Duncan." Lana says, "Who's Duncan?" Oliver takes Alden's drink and says, "Know what? Maybe you ought to lay off, huh?" Alden says, "What? Like you weren't all thinking about--" Oliver cuts Alden off and says, "Alden." Geoffrey says, "Alden, come on." Alden says, "Yeah, whatever. Good to see you, Lex. You did alright for yourself." Alden then walks off. They hear a chunk of the building fall near Alden and Liana says, "Oh, my God." They go check on Alden. Oliver says, "You alright?" Alden says, "It just missed me. Must be my lucky day." They then watch a sword go through Alden and he's dead. Later, Liana leaves the hospital with Oliver and Geoffrey. Geoffrey says, "Seeing somebody you laughed with shared so many good times together. Seeing him laid out on the table like that..." Liana softly says, "At least they say he didn't suffer." Geoffrey says, "Yeah. But I'm guessing it didn't tickle, either." Oliver says, "You know, Alden called me a month ago. He said he wanted to go out for a drink, and I uh... told him I was busy. Said I'd catch up with him later." Liana softly says, "You couldn't have known something like this was gonna happen." Geoffrey says, "All the more reason to live for today. Keep in touch with old friends?" Oliver nods and Liana says, "Why don't you all get together while you're here? What about that Duncan guy? Does he live in Metropolis?" Oliver says, "Not anymore." Liana nods and Geoffrey says, "I actually have to be getting back to Gotham, anyway. Got a great there, Ollie. Don't screw it up." Geoffrey then walks away to his car. Oliver waves and then Liana and Oliver start walking away. Liana says, "Smart guy. You should listen to him." Oliver says, "I'm all ears." Liana and Oliver fall on the ground because of an explosion. They look behind them to see Geoffrey's car was where the explosion came from. The next day, Lana's reading a book and Lex is taking a nap by the fire. Lana sees Lex jolt awake and breathing heavily. Lana worriedly says, "Are you okay?" Lex is still breathing heavily and says, "Yeah. Bad dream." Lex gets up and Lana follows him and says, "What was it about?" Lex says, "I don't remember." Lex pours himself a drink and Lana says, "Lex, it's normal to be upset. Alden died right in front of you." Lex says, "Yeah, well, maybe he finally got what he deserved." Lana softly says, "How can you say that about your friend?" Lex says, "I only had one friend at Excelsior. And it sure as hell wasn't him." Lana says, "Do you want to talk about it?" Lex turns to face Lana and says, "Not really. Lana, I'm alright. I'm the last thing you have to worry about." Lex places the bottle back on the table and it tips and falls on the carpet. Lana softly laughs and walks to stand next to Lex and says, "The last thing, huh?" Lex says, "Well, at least it didn't break." As Lex goes to pick it up, the bottle rolls away and Lana says, "Did you see that?" Lex walks to the bottle and says, "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, Lana." Lex slowly goes to grab the bottle and says, "See?" They then watch the lights flicker and Lana says, "Lex?" Then one of the lights is about to fall on Lana, so he pushes Lana out the way and the light smashes on the ground. Lex rolls Lana over to see blood on her head and says, "Lana?" Lana isn't waking up and Lex is wondering what the hell just happened.