Chapter 16: Promise

Time before the Wedding:(7:14am)-Lana is standing in front of the fireplace in the library, she hears Lex say, "How'd you sleep?" Lana looks at Lex with a smile and says, "Like a baby." Lex says, "Me too. I don't know if I can't wait. How about we just run off and elope?" Lana softly laughs and says, "That would be a big waste of 400 game hens." Lex says, "It's-it's a big day. It's okay to be nervous." Lana softly smiles and says, "I know." Lana softly kisses Lex and says, "I'll see you at the Church." Lana then walks away. Later, Lana's in her room looking at the wedding invitation. She sees Nell through the mirror and says, "Aunt Nell." Nell says, "I can't tell you how long I've been looking forward to this day." They embrace in a hug and Nell continues to say, "Oh... I'm so proud of you. I wouldn't have missed this day for anything." Lana smiles.

" Lana smiles

Time before the Wedding:(10:55am)- Liana's walking the halls with Chloe and Chloe says, "Okay, so we have our final dress fitting at 3:00 and the limo's picking us up at 3:30 and we have the wedding photos outside the Church and then the naked mal...

Time before the Wedding:(10:55am)- Liana's walking the halls with Chloe and Chloe says, "Okay, so we have our final dress fitting at 3:00 and the limo's picking us up at 3:30 and we have the wedding photos outside the Church and then the naked male Jell-O wrestling at 5:00. Liana? Look at me." Liana looks at Chloe and Chloe continues to say, "You didn't sleep at all last night, did you?" Liana says, "No." Chloe says, "What's wrong?" Liana says, "I'm thinking about telling Lana not to marry Lex." Chloe says, "When are you going to tell her?" Liana says, "Soon, maybe before she gets ready." Chloe says, "What if you can't convince her?" Liana says, "I'll find some way to stop the wedding." Chloe says, "Well, if it gets to that let me know, so I can help you." Liana softly smiles and says, "Okay." Chloe says, "Is there anything I can do?" Liana says, "Well, Lana insisted that I get Lex a present, so I hid Lex's wedding gift in the wine cellar so he wouldn't find it." As Chloe walks away, she says, "Oh, um, what does it look like?" Liana says, "Um, it is... behind the Bollinger in the cooler. It's a little blue box with a white bow." Chloe says, "Okay." Liana says, "Thank you." Chloe says, "Yep." Liana then follows Chloe to the wine cellar and watches Chloe go into the wine cellar and she closes the door and locks it. Liana feels her phone buzzing and it's Chloe, so she turns it off. Liana hides behind a rack of wine and hears Clark say, "Chloe?" Chloe says, "Clark? Hurry, I'm freezing in here." Clark says, "The handle broke, Chloe. Hold on." Liana widens her eyes when she watches Clark lift the door off its hinges. Chloe says, "Thank you so much." Clark says, "Next time you have a craving for a bottle of wine at 11:00 in the morning go for red." Chloe says, "Yeah, I'm so, so sorry. I, uh, I know you'd rather be tied to a boulder of Kryptonite than come down here for ground zero of the Luthor-Lang wedding, but I didn't have a choice, it wasn't my fault." Liana watches Clark blast fire out of his eyes. Chloe continues to say, "Liana had Lex's wedding present down here and she asked me to come down and get it. And the door shut." Clark says, "I better go." Chloe says, "Okay, wait, hang on." Clark says, "What?" Chloe slightly chews on her lip and says, "I think you need to tell Liana about your powers." Clark says, "I can't risk putting her in danger." Chloe says, "I don't think you've noticed, but she always heads towards danger and she's not even in a relationship with you. She can protect herself all on her own. Clark, if you just tell her, you two would get your happily ever after." Chloe's trying to push Clark to tell him his secret to Liana because she'll understand about having powers and the struggle of protecting her loved ones. Clark sighs and says, "I don't know." Clark then runs out of the room and Chloe sighs. Liana can't believe that Clark's secret is him having powers just like her and all he was doing was protecting her. Liana softly smiles.