Chapter 11: Justice

Liana's in Oliver's elevator kissing Oliver and then they stop and smile at each other

Liana's in Oliver's elevator kissing Oliver and then they stop and smile at each other. Liana looks at the spill she accidentally made on Oliver's shirt and says, "I'm really sorry I messed up your your shirt." Oliver looks down at the spill and then looks back Liana and says, "This was my favorite shirt." Liana smirks and says, "Well, maybe I could make it up to you?" Oliver smiles and says, "Really, because I do have a few ideas up my sleeve." Liana says, "Oh, yeah?" Liana starts unbuttoning Oliver's shirt and continues to say, "I think we should get it into the laundry so that it doesn't stain." Oliver nods and says, "Yeah. That's a good idea." They then continue kissing. After a few minutes Oliver's phone starts ringing and he says, "I got to take this." Oliver gets off the phone and looks at Liana with regret and says, "I, uh--" Liana cuts Oliver off and softy says, "It's okay, I understand. You're a busy man." Oliver says, "Sorry. Rain check?" Liana softly says, "Sure." Oliver says, "I love how you're always understanding and it's not fair to you that I'm always running off. I think we should take a break." Liana slightly frowns and softly says, "Is that what you want?" Oliver says, "No, uh, what I mean is that we should go on a vacation... together." Liana says, "Oh. Um, are you sure?" Oliver places his hand on Liana's cheek and says, "Yes." Liana softly smiles and says, "Okay. Just us? No rushing out?" Oliver says, "No. None. It'll be you me and... Monte Carlo? There're just a few things that I do need to take care of before we go, and I think once we get..." Liana cuts Oliver off with a passionate kiss. Liana pulls away and Oliver says, "I love when you kiss me like that." Liana smiles and says, "I'll start packing." Oliver smiles and says, "Okay." Liana gives Oliver one more kiss and then walks away with a smile on her face. Later, Liana's in her apartment with Chloe packing for her trip with Oliver. Liana sighs and says, "I know it's just a vacation but--" Chloe cuts Liana off and says, "What? Vacation? No, vacation is Palm Springs. Monte Carlo is a fairy tale." Liana says, "Yeah, hopefully without prince charming having a disappearing act every five minutes." Chloe says, "Um, I think you'll be keeping his full attention, Liana." Liana looks up to see Chloe holding up a dark green one-piece lingerie. Liana softly smiles and says, "It's just Oliver's different and I just want this trip to be special. I mean, I really love Oliver." Chloe softly smiles at Liana and says, "Aww, you guys are so perfect for each other." Liana grabs the lingerie from Chloe and holds up against her body and says, "What do you think?" Chloe says, "Something tells me green is definitely his color." Clark walks in and says, "Hey, Chloe." Liana's embarrassed to see Clark and puts down the lingerie and awkwardly says, "Hey, Smallville." Clark nods and says, "Hey." Liana goes to finish packing and Chloe says, "Liana is jetting off to Monte Carlo with Oliver." Clark says, "O-Oliver?" Liana smiles and says, "Yeah, I'll send you a postcard." Clark says, "No, Liana, you should, um--" Liana says, "I should what?" Clark says, "Stay." Liana says, "Why?" Clark says, "Um..." Liana looks down at her suitcase and says, "I'm forgetting a few things. I have to go." Liana grabs her bag and says, "Clark, whatever it is just tell me later." Liana then is out the door excited to go on her trip.

The next day, Liana's at Oliver's with her packed bag

The next day, Liana's at Oliver's with her packed bag. Liana hears Oliver on the phone, and he says, "Alright, have the jet fueled and ready. I wanna be in the air as soon as possible." Oliver walks in without noticing Liana and she says, "Hey. I'm ready to go. Aren't you packed yet? Where's your stuff?" Oliver says, "Liana, um..." Liana crosses her arms and says, "We're not going, are we?" Oliver walks towards Liana and says, "I'm sorry. I, um, I, I have to go away on business." Liana walks closer to Oliver and softly says, "Postpone it." Oliver says, "It's not that simple." Liana says, "Nothing with you ever is. You are like two completely different people. There's the charming, romantic guy that I fell in love with and then there's this other guy who can't stick around in one place long enough to see what he's missing." Oliver says, "Ever since my parents died... I've jumped around from city to city from continent to continent. And... in all those years... not once have I regretted leaving anyone. But then I met you." Liana has tears in her eyes and softly says, "Then stay." Oliver says, "I can't. Because there are more important things in this world than what I want... and what I love. I hope someday I can explain why." Liana says, "Don't expect me to be waiting around for that when you get back." As Liana turns to leave, Oliver says, "I'm not coming back, Liana. At least not anytime soon." Oliver walks up next to Liana and softly says, "I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you." Liana looks back at Oliver and softly says, "Then why did you?" Oliver says, "This is the, the moment, right? The moment that I'm gonna regret for the rest of my life, isn't it?" Liana softly says, "Yes." Liana's lip quivers and she kisses Oliver one last time and pulls away and softly says, "I love you." Liana grabs her bag and walks out. Later, Liana's in her bed crying, when there's a knock on her door. Liana gets out of bed and opens it to see Clark. Clark looks at Liana's tear-stained face and softly says, "Chloe, told me what happened." Liana opens the door for Clark, and he walks in. Liana nods and says, "Yeah, I just don't know why it happened. I thought we we're doing so well in our relationship, but I guess having secrets breaks relationships up." Clark says, "Maybe it can still work between you two." Liana says, "There's two different sides of him. The one I fell in love with and the one who always disappears. I mean, can you imagine what it would be like to look into somebody's eyes and know that their destiny is so much greater than yours that you will never compete? You will always be left behind. I can't be left behind one more time. Almost everyone I have ever loved has left me. You know, where Ollie's life is going... there's no room for me in it. And I know he'd never admit that, so... I had to. I just, um... I can't face another heartbreak down the road." Clark walks up to Liana and wraps his arms around her for a hug. Liana cries into his chest and Clark rubs her back. Liana continues to say, "I should have never hoped that a billionaire like him could ever stay with a girl like me." Clark kisses the top of her head and sighs.