2

Today I got off work early, racing towards the theatre. Today was the day of auditions, and I wanted to see every single one of them. Moon was gonna meet me outside, so I didn't open the doors for the whole crowd and have a stampede rush into the theatre.

"Moon!" I yelled as I reached the back entrance of the theatre. "Over here!"

He looked at me. "Ah! Y/N! Quick, come in, auditions are starting in 5 minutes."

Him and I raced into the back of the theatre, entering the stage and hopping off of it, taking a seat in the front.

"Ok, Ms Crawley!" Moon yelled. "Let them in, one by one! If they're a group, invite the whole group in! Don't need one of them missing."

I laughed, and soon the first group approached the stage. I quickly realized that a lot of these auditions weren't serious - some were so bad at singing, others just stood there smiling, and one even said the whole dictionary of swear words before hopping off stage and running towards the exit. Me and Moon cringed at each other on that one.

There were a select few I did notice, however.

There was this one pig, who had a good voice. There was a mouse who was impressive. There was also an elephant - who knocked over the microphone and didn't sing. I felt kinda bad for her.

But then, someone caught my eye. A gorilla - who was quite exceptionally handsome - which was what I thought anyway. He had an amazing voice, and I was crossing my fingers that he'd make it to the competition.

After auditions were over, which seemed to take forever, Moon had everyone crowd together on the stage, and he quickly started marking people down who would stay for competition.

The mouse, who's name was Mike, got to stay, which I was happy about. The pig, who's name I learned was Rosita, also stayed. She smiled proudly. I also saw a porcupine, who's name was Ash. She won, but her boyfriend didn't. Served him right - he was way too loud. There were some other animals that won as well.

Suddenly, Moon yelled up to a giraffe. "HEY! YOU MADE IT TO THE COMPETITION! CONGRATULATIONS!" He also looked at the gorilla. "Sorry Johnny, you can leave now."

"What, are you talking to me? What'd you say?" The giraffe yelled down.

Moon snatched a megaphone from Ms Crawley. "I said, you made it to the competition!"

"Huh?" The giraffe yelled.

"You know what-" Moon said. "Johnny! Hey! Come back here! You made it!"

"I- I did?" The gorilla, - who's name was Johnny - said.

"Yes!" Moon exclaimed. He looked back to the giraffe. "Sorry bud, you can leave," he nudged him, motioning for him to leave. The giraffe rolled his eyes, but left anyway.

I looked to Johnny. God, he was handsome. He had a nice style. Nice smile. Nice everything. I smiled, satisfied that he made it to the competition.

Once Moon had everyone sorted out, he paired the two pigs together. "I'm thinking you guys can do a duet. It'd be awesome!"

Gunter, the one pig, smiled at Rosita, the other pig. "Yessss! We're gonna be spicyyyy!" He started dancing.

I noticed Johnny chuckled, and I laughed too. Gunter seemed fun. I'd definitely try to be friends with him too.

Moon brought the crowd together, explaining how everything would work. "You will be practicing in individual rooms. Johnny, you stay here with me and Y/N. I wanna talk to you."

Ms Crawley led all the other animals to their rooms, leaving me, Moon, and Johnny behind.

"I was thinking.." Moon paced back and forth. "You could play piano. Just imagine how cool that would sound!"

"But- I haven't played piano for a long time," Johnny shrugged. "I don't think I can do it."

"Oh yes you can." Moon replied. "Y/N, you play piano fluently, right?"

I looked at him confused. "I mean.. yeah? What's this about?"

"Well, you can give Johnny lessons, Y/N!"

"Uhh.." I said, backing up. I looked up at Johnny.

"Guys, come on!" Moon yelled. "Johnny, you'd sound so awesome playing piano. Y/N can teach you!" He took a breath before speaking again. "Heck, Ms Crawley can even help you as well!"

"Ok..." Johnny said reluctantly. "I just don't wanna mess this up. I wanna win that money that was on the flyer."

"That's why you should play the piano." Moon said. "Now, you two, go! Get the piano! Practice together. I don't want to check on you guys and see ya'll just sitting there."

Johnny and I nodded. "Alright, let's go then!" I exclaimed.

I smiled as I rushed to the piano in front of him. I had a chance.. even if it was a slight one.