11

"WHERE'S THE MONEY?" One of the bears said, very loudly.

"W-what money?" Moon asked, continuing to smile.

"THE $100,000!" Another bear screeched.

"Oh, that money," Moon said, "yeah, everyone here already knows the prize money for this competition is $1000. Not $100,000."

I looked up at Nana and Eddie. Eddie looked scared for his life, and Nana had a strong look of disapproval on her face. I looked back at the stage.

"Then WHAT is in that chest?" Mike asked. "T-the money, right?"

"Mike. There is no money in that chest. It's a prop. You know this." Moon stated.

The bears stood there for a few seconds.

"Johnny, what's going on?" I pleaded.

"I don't know." He replied. "But certainly nothing good."

"Those bears are a bit scary, ya?" Said Gunter.

We all nodded our heads, looking at each other. "I hope they leave real soon. Nana is probably fuming." I said.

"Yeah," Ash spoke. "If she doesn't like us, this whole show could go downhill."

"I'm sure we can figure something out," Johnny said, "Moon will know what to do."

I cringed. "Not always."

Me and the rest of the animals all just stood there, watching Moon and the bears communicate back and fourth. "Open the chest." One of them said.

"Like I said before, t-there is no money in that." Moon pleaded. "We can figure this whole thing out after the show. Please just wait. This is important."

"GRAB THE HAMMER!" One of the bears said to another one. The other one pulled out a hammer from his jacket coat.

"Guys!" Moon shrieked. "Stop! This show I'm about to put on is very important. If you all could just sit and watch, and have Mike perform, that'd be great."

"Gosh, I don't think this is gonna work out.." Johnny said.

"Hey, you never know.." replied Meena, but I could tell she wasn't too sure herself.

Rosita backed up a little bit. "Guys, let's stay away from the stage. We don't know what could happen."

We all backed up, backing up until Meena told us to stop. "We should be safe here. Just so we're out of their view."

Ash put her guitar back into it's case. "I don't need this thing getting destroyed," she said. We all nodded at her, and Johnny hauled the piano to where we were as well.

"Johnny, you don't think we'll get hurt, do you?" I asked him.

"No." He responded. "I don't think so. Guys, let's just hope for the best."

That's when we all heard the hammer crash into the chest, breaking it into pieces. We all gasped.

Mike dropped to the floor and searched around for the money. We all knew there wasn't any in that chest. I didn't know why he even thought there would be any. He was definitely in some type of trouble with those bears. I didn't want to know what happened, though.

All of a sudden, we heard a crack come from the spot a bear was standing at, on the stage. "Moon!" I cried.

Moon looked at the stage, then back at us, then back at the stage again. "Guys! We need to get out of here! Run!" He said, just as the glass started leaking water.

Out of nowhere, the whole stage was busted out, water pouring into the building. All of us were swept away by it. "Meena!" I cried, trying to reach her hand. But I couldn't get it in time.

I was then swept under the water, crashing into the seats, my back feeling like it was gonna explode from that pain. I opened my eyes to see Johnny swimming up to the top of the water. I did the best I could to get up where he was, my back feeling like it was about to break in half.

That's when I saw something truly horrifying. Meena was stuck in the doorway. Where all of us could get out. I tried to swim to wear she was, but was swept by the current again, crashing into a small statue on the wall. Right on my forehead, I felt it tear my skin.

I screamed in agony, still submerged in the water. Suddenly I was grabbed by someone. I looked up, and it was Johnny. "Hold on, and don't let go!" He yelled.

I held on the best I could as we crashed into Meena, shoving her through the doorway. Everyone else got out at the same time, too.

That's when everything went dark.