5

The next day came around, and I had spent the night at the theatre since my power went out at home. Moon had no clue that I did that since I just slept on one of the chairs facing the stage.

I checked the time, it read 10:21 am. Just in time for Moon to hop on the stage. He jumped when he saw me sitting there. "Goodness, Y/N! What are you doing here so early?"

"Waiting for everyone to arrive," I responded, still sitting in my spot. "Was bored too."

"Ok.." Moon said. "Well, we have a new person to help us in the stage crew," he paused, "Meena, come introduce yourself!"

Meena walked out onto stage. She was an elephant, and she waved at me. I waved back.

"How about you two get to know each other?" Moon suggested. "Since you will both be working backstage for the show."

"Ok," I said, and hopped out of my seat. I walked up to Meena and we both walked off the stage. "I'm Y/N," I told her.

"I love your name," Meena replied, walking outside.

"Thanks!" I responded. This was real awkward. Meena was nice but I was excited for the rest of the animals to arrive so it was a bit less awkward. And to see Johnny...

"Y/N, can I tell you something?" Meena asked. She sat down on the sidewalk outside of the theatre.

"Of course," I replied, plopping down next to her. "What's up?"

"Well.. I introduced myself to Moon because.." she paused. "I wanted to sing. I'm the elephant that failed at auditions. Remember?"

I thought back to auditions and then I remembered exactly who she was. "Ohhhh, oh my gosh, I remember you!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah.. well.." she trailed off and looked at the sky. "I baked Moon a cake to ask him if I could try to re-audition. But he didn't remember me. And now I'm just stuck with stage crew."

I felt pretty bad. I didn't exactly know what to say. "Well, Moon is my best friend."

"Yeah?" Meena replied.

"Yep. Maybe..." I thought for a second. "Maybe, I can talk to him for you. I can persuade him to let you audition again!"

"You'd do that?" She asked.

"Of course."

"Awww, thank you... so much." She said, "I can already tell we are going to be friends."

We sat there for a few more minutes, just talking about whatever came to mind. Mostly about our favorite foods and our hobbies.

That's when I saw Rosita and Gunter arrive. "Hi!" Rosita said.

"Hey, Rosita and Gunter." I responded. "Come in. I'm sure Moon's ready for you."

Meena and I opened the doors for them, and then I saw Johnny and Ash walking in as well. "Hi Ash! Hi Johnny!"

As they passed me and Meena, I quickly remembered something. When Johnny and his dad were doing an 'acting' stunt. Last night before falling asleep, I was starting to have a hard time believing that was true. But I wouldn't dare to talk to Johnny about it. But it all just seemed.. odd. Why would they pull an act like that in a busy town.. why would there be real sirens...

"Y/N?" A faint voice said. "Y/N?"

I jumped and turned around. Moon and Johnny were facing me. "Y/N, are you okay?" Moon asked me.

"Yeah.. fine." I said, and faced Johnny. "Come on, let's get to practicing."

As soon as me and him were out of Moon's view, Johnny pulled me aside. "I need to talk to you about something."

"What?" I asked.

"About.. that act you saw me and my family do. It wasn't... an act."

I gasped, realizing my thinking was right.