4

This afternoon, after work, I was headed toward my favorite cafe to get a bite to eat.

While strolling, I focused myself on kicking the pebbles into certain spots on the sidewalk. It was a game I'd made up with my mom.. when I was real little.

We used to take morning walks all the time. Since she noticed I kicked rocks so much, she created a game for me. If I could kick it up one square in the sidewalk, that was one point. If I kicked it up two, that was two points - and so on.

Now, that game just helped distract me from everyone while I was walking. And plus, it was fun.

Suddenly, thats when I heard someone singing. I peered across the street. There was no way.

Johnny was singing there! Wow, his voice was so good. I hid myself in a separate alleyway, peeking at him, watching him sing.

There were some sirens, and Johnny jumped from his spot he was standing at, and hid behind a brick wall.

The next few moments were too confusing for me to process. I watched as the policemen peered into the alley, walked away, and then Johnny came back out. Just in time for - I'm guessing it was his family in a pick up truck - to grab him from his spot and put him in the trunk of the truck. I saw the men had masks on, and there were policemen surrounding them. The truck raced out of the alley, and I don't know where it went from there.

I looked down, realizing I had dropped my phone while watching the scene. I picked it up and stuffed it into my pocket. I would have to ask Johnny about that, even if it included the fact that I was watching him.

A/N: I know this story is out of order but thats just how it goes!

———————————————-

After the cafe, I headed back to the theatre, excited to see Moon and the rest of the animals come in to practice for the show again. Especially Johnny.

When I got there, I walked onto the stage, and sat until I saw Moon standing on the moon, coming down to talk to me.

"Hey, Y/N," he said, "the others will be here in..." he checked his watch, "oh gosh! They're probably here now!" He raced towards the entrance.

I followed behind him as he opened the door for everyone. "Welcome back!" He said. "Come in, and go to your spots. Today is another day for practicing. Tomorrow we will rehearse what we have so far!"

I walked up to Johnny, who seemed like he rushed to get here. "Hey!" I exclaimed. "We gotta go to the piano right away."

He followed me as I led us to the room with the piano. I plopped down on the chair, and he sat next to me. "You're supposed to practice," I reminded him.

"I know.. but.." he started to say.

I sat up. "What's up?"

"I just don't know if I can pull this off before the show, Y/N. This is a lot on me. I don't have the time to practice while I'm not here. And I am only able to be here for so long each day. And the recital will be here before we know it."

"Johnny.." I faced towards him, frowning. "You have to believe in yourself. You're not going to get it right away. And we still have plenty of time before the recital."

"I know that." He replied. "I've heard that 'believe in yourself ' so many times. I'm trying."

"You can be here after hours." I said. "If you want. I just have to let Moon know."

"Well.. ok then. I'll ask Ms Crawley help me for after hours. Thanks, Y/N. I didn't know that."

"No problem!" I smiled. And then I remembered what happened earlier. "Oh.. can I ask you something?"

"Sure," Johnny replied, "anything."

I took a deep breath before speaking. "I was walking to a cafe today. I heard someone singing, and I peeked around the corner and saw it was you." I took another breath before talking again, "but that's when I saw police - you hid, and then these big guys hauled you into their truck as there were sirens - I saw that whole scenario unfold. What exactly.." I looked at him, "happened?"

"Y- you saw that!?" He questioned, standing up.

I stammered. "Yes. I just wanna make sure you're okay."

Johnny was silent for a moment. Finally, he said, "it was a stunt. I promise. My dad is big into acting - he wants to be in a lead role of a movie someday. We were doing a scene of a crime. We do a lot of scenes to help him practice for his.." he paused, "acting."

"Oh.." I replied. "I'm so sorry. I thought you were in some sort of trouble. I didn't mean to pry."

"Hey, its fine!" Johnny reassured me. "We probably shouldn't have preformed that in public, anyway. I knew someone was gonna think something happened."

Moon walked in. "Hey.. I haven't heard any piano in hereee!"

I slouched. "Oh my goshhh. Alright, Johnny, lets get practicing."

Johnny sat in the piano seat and I sat beside him. "Better?" I asked Moon.

"Perfect!" He replied, leaving the room.