9

I woke up on the couch. I looked up, and saw Johnny asleep. I jumped. Holy shit. I forgot he was over here last night.

I quietly tip-toed to the bathroom, where I brushed my teeth. I then came back out to the kitchen, and looked for something in the fridge that I could make for breakfast.

There was nothing that seemed appetizing in the fridge, so I just looked in the freezer, found some frozen waffles, and began to heat them up. I saw Johnny awaken, but I pretended to not notice, putting the waffles in the toaster.

"Mornin, Y/N." He stretched, and I looked over.

"Hi, Johnny," I replied. "I'm heating up some waffles, is that okay with you?"

"Of course it is." He answered. "Oh, and I forgot to tell you, that spaghetti you made last night was so good." He reached into his bag and pulled out his phone, checking the time. "It's 9:30 am. Did Moon text you anything? We gotta get to the theatre today?"

"Uhh.." I looked around trying to find my phone, and found it on the counter. "He did!"

The text read: Y/N! You need to come to the theatre today. There's a surprise waiting for you... if Johnny's still at your house, bring him with you.

"He said there's a surprise." I said, putting my phone down.

"Huh." Johnny looked at the ceiling. "Wonder what that could mean?"

"No clue." I replied. "The waffles are about done."

He got up from the couch, and sat on one of the stools next to the counter. I handed him a plate and 2 waffles, and I also gave myself a plate, consisting the same thing.

"Thanks for these." Johnny said. "I really appreciate it. Thanks for letting me spend the night here, too."

"Of course," I responded. "I'm always here for you. You can stay over here whenever you'd like."

He smiled at me. Once we were done with our waffles, I got up and took the plates to the sink. "I'm gonna shower real quick, and then we'll head over to see Moon. And see what that surprise is."

"Ok!" Johnny exclaimed. "I'll just wait for you on the couch." He got off the stool and plopped back down on the couch, getting a book out from his bag.

I walked back to my room, realizing right then and there that I had a huge crush on that gorilla. I sighed to myself and grabbed a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt to take to the bathroom with me.

During my shower, I kept trying to guess what Moon's surprise was. It could really be anything with him.

Once I was done showering, I quickly dried off and put my clothes on. I walked back out to the couch, and sat next to Johnny, grabbing my shoes. "I guess we'd better leave now." I said.

"Alright then," he replied. "I came here with the truck. So we can ride there instead of walking."

I smiled and stepped out to the car with him. He opened the door for me and I hopped into the passenger side. He shut the door and got into the drivers seat. Then, we were off to the theatre, where the surprise awaited us.

It was a real short drive. While Johnny was driving, we talked about movies. I learned that his favorite Disney movie was Coco. Mine, personally, was Encanto. He said his favorite movie over all was The Ring. Damn, that must be one traumatized gorilla.

We arrived at the Moon Theatre, and quickly hopped out of the truck. Meena greeted us at the entrance.

"Guys, express your happiness for this. Moon is very excited to show you this." Meena said.

"We definitely will." I said. "Thanks, Meena."

As Johnny and I walked inside, I immediately saw the surprise.

The stage was literal glass, and so was the wall behind it. There seemed to be water under the glass as well. "Moon!" I yelled.

He was lowered down by the moon prop. "Y/N and Johnny!" He exclaimed. "Check this out." He hopped off the moon and onto the stage, which was now glass. The water rippled under him.

I ran up to the stage, and so did Johnny. I gave Moon a big hug, before pulling away and saying, "this is amazing!"

"Meena and I worked on this all night," Moon replied. "So praise Meena, too."

"This is absolutely incredible!" I told Meena.

"It truly is." Johnny said, who was clearly amazed, looking around everywhere.

I turned to Moon. "I have a good feeling the show will be an even better hit with this stage."

"Well, we actually made this for a reason." Moon responded. "Eddie's Nana.. is arriving tomorrow."

"Seriously!?" I shouted. "Nana Noodleman?"

"You bet." He replied. "And I have a good feeling everyone should be ready for tomorrow. Johnny, the only thing preventing you was the fact that your hands were stiff and un-natural while playing that piano. Relax them, make sure they're comfortable. It will make a huge difference." Moon also told us about how him and Ms Crawley worked with the rest of the animals yesterday evening after Johnny and I left. I was glad to hear that, I was pretty scared that not everyone would be prepared.

"Well then, Johnny, let's go work on the piano again," I suggested to him.

He nodded and I grabbed his hand, and we raced to the piano. I looked back to see Moon smiling at us.

Oh god. He knows I like Johnny.