Chp 1

A/N this is not my first story but it is my first work on wattpad so I hope everyone enjoys it, let me know in the comments!

Chapter 1
Estrella's POV
I groaned as my brother knocked on the door and called the day to which I'd been dreading my whole life. Today was my 17th birthday, meaning I would end up finding my mate sometime soon, and I wasn't ready for that, although my wolf -Akira- was squealing with excitement, wondering if it would be an alpha, or someone from the pack. My hopes were on someone in the pack, I'd be close to my parents and brother and I'd be surrounded by friends for the rest of my life. Apparently the universe had other plans.
I got up out of my bed, brushed my auburn hair, threw on my nicest pair of jeans and a blouse and added a touch of makeup to compliment my sea blue eyes.

Someone's trying a little hard. My wolf commented.

Maybe I wouldn't have to if someone didn't insist I looked my very best when a new ally visits the pack.

I sighed and blocked my wolf out, trotting down the large stairs to the kitchen where the chef was making breakfast.
"Good morning Estrella." She said, smiling and serving me a plate of pancakes.
"Ooh a fancy breakfast," I smiled gratefully. "Thanks." Everyone in the pack knew how I felt about this day, it had always irritated me, just the subject of it made me sick. If it was ever brought up when I was around, the wolf speaking would immediately apologize and shuffle away.
"Of course, eat up. Your father wants you to be with him when they leave to visit town."
"I understand, thank you Margret." I ate my pancakes quietly before running outside and hoping in the car.

"Estrella Deltariver." My father said, making me flinch lightly. He only said my full name when he was extremely serious.
"Yes dad?" I asked, blinking at him through the rear view mirror. He smiled back at me, which was rare since he was always stressed from Alpha duties.
"I know today will be hard, but try not to be to upset." I nodded and went back to watching the scenery change around us from the lush forest to a small city. There was another pack around here, the Nightclaws, but they usually stayed in the city and didn't bother us much.
I went shopping with my mom while dad and my brother Jake went to places that a man would like better, although my dad had to make both of us promise to mind-link him if anything went wrong.

We spent several hours at the mall, buying new outfits, getting food, acting like teenagers together. We haven't done it in so long since she was the Luna of the pack, she didn't have much free time.
"We really do need to do this more often honey, this is the most fun I've had in years."
I laughed softly but nodded my agreement, as much as I hated to admit I was starting to really like my birthday.
"It's been...... really nice mom." She practically beamed at that and dragged me off to the next store where she found me a light blue dress that went to the floor in the back but stopped just above the knees in the front, the top of it was a plain black color with a small flower design made of gemstones.

" She practically beamed at that and dragged me off to the next store where she found me a light blue dress that went to the floor in the back but stopped just above the knees in the front, the top of it was a plain black color with a small flower...

A/N this is basically the the dress just light blue and the back of it is a little longer

"Oh Estrella, this would definitely bring out your eyes." She said, eyes sparkling like a child's who'd just gotten a buttload of candy.
"It is very nice, but the price......" I trailed off with a frown. My parents were wealthy but most of my stuff would be replaced when I found a mate, there'd be no point in buying something that I couldn't wear for longer than a few months at max.
"Oh Essie," my mom used my nickname as she hugged me, it was her way of saying she knew what I was thinking. "You could take this with you if you happen to have to leave the pack."
"The question is, would my mate approve of that."
"Why wouldn't he? Males tend to want their mates to be happy, which means bringing along what will keep them happy while they settle into a new role."
I rolled my eyes, mother was one to continually look at the positive side of things, one thing I hadn't inherited from her.
After a couple more shops she mind-linked my father and he came to pick us up, meanwhile we took to just chatting and enjoying this break.

~~~~~

Later that night I lie awake in my bed restlessly.

Let's go for a run.

I felt my wolf nearly begging, and to be honest, it wasn't a bad idea. I snuck outside through the back door and sprinted into the woods, taking a deep breath of the crisp, forest air. It always calmed my senses.
I decided not to shift since it would raise suspicion if I was wearing different clothes then the ones I went to bed in. I paused for a moment by a pond to get a drink when a twig snapped and I heard a strange voice whisper, "mutt." Immediately, I understood what it was and jumped to my feet, taking off at a sprint away from the pack so I don't lead him -or them- there.

Hunters

Akira growled inside of me, urging me to shift and tear them apart, but I couldn't do that, if I slowed even a little they would surely capture me.
Suddenly something sharp pierced my calf and fire flooded my body, clouding my mind. I reached down and flicked the tranq dart away before running by in a zig zag pattern to make a harder target. I started to smell the city but I couldn't turn around, I would be caught. Another dart pierced the back of my neck and I flinched, sprinting past a couple started people.

Since when are people out in the woods like this in the middle of the night.....?

The tranqs were dulling my senses and I managed to leap over a large fence and into some kind of large backyard before I collapsed in an exhausted heap, and passed out.