𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣

"I've got it, thank you" Ana told the worker that she was fine taking in her luggage herself, she took her suitcases from the trunk of the car and rolled them into the hotel lobby.

The hotel was beautiful, the highest ceilings with walls that went up forever, a golden chandelier hanging from the centre of the ceiling.

The front desk was made from grey marble, In front of it, in his red bull top and cap was Max. She walked next to him to get her key card from the man behind the counter.

"Hey, how are you" Max turned to her, pulling her into a hug.

"Tired, but I'm ok, how are you?" she smiled to him, on his left was his luggage that he had brought in when he arrived.

"Good, the flight was long but it wasn't as bad as I thought" he rearranged the cap on his head and brushed his hair back with his hand, something that he seemed to do when he was around her.

The man behind the counter handed the two their key cards. "Room 25 and room 26" he said to the pair.

The two collected their cards, "we're neighbours" Max smiled.

"Too bad we aren't roommates" Ana smiled, taking her suitcase in her hand.

"I wish" Max laughed in response to her.

Ana laughed, her cheeks were tinted a rose pink now. Was she blushing? The two had been joking around but for some reason she was hoping he'd had the same tiny amount of truth in his jokes as she did.

room 22, 23, 24, 25

Ana opened the door to her hotel room and was immediately impressed by the beauty of it. A Large open floor plan with modern furniture from the living room to the bathroom, and a view of the surrounding ocean. If only the weekend wasn't so short, she'd stay here for months if she could.

She settled in well, resting on the bed that made her seem tiny. She called Natalia to let her know she was doing good.

I spoke to max

Really? What did you say?

I made a joke about us being roommates, he said 'I wish'

You're joking? oh my god

Natalia went on to talk about how nice her hotel was and how George had already begged her to go to the pool. 'It's so warm, hurry up let's go'. Ana could hear him in the background of the phone call.

After getting off the phone, Ana thought to herself that a dip in the pool wouldn't be so bad? She'd packed her bikini as well as a million more for every different day.

She left her room, her bikini underneath an oversized t-shirt.

What if he says no?

Ana shook away her negative thoughts, she'd always been taught that if you want something you need to go for it, you can't just expect it to come to you.

She knocked three times and waited, she heard some movement behind the door before it opened.

"It's too hot, let's check out the pool" She waited for his response.

"Give me one second" Max left the door to his hotel open as he went back to his room to change.

Ana could see that the hotel rooms were almost identical. And they both shared the same breathtaking view of the beach.

After Max came back to the door the two headed off. Ana was expecting nothing but a luxurious pool after seeing the rest of the hotel.

"No you're gonna throw me in" Ana moved away from Max.

She stopped to put her glasses down with her bag and he came up behind her, he put his arms around her waist as she put hers around his neck. "No stop!!!" She laughed, he threw her into the pool and dived in after her. The pool was empty apart from her and Max. They swam around and enjoyed the sun, a speaker by their belongings playing music from the 70s.

Max left the pool to check his phone and Ana stayed in, taking in the view of the ocean. The smell of a distant restaurant preparing food, the noise of birds passing overhead, the feeling of heat on her skin slowly fading as the sun set behind the horizon. It was moments like these that made Ana's life seem worth it.

@maxverstappen1 posted a story

@maxverstappen1 posted a story—

Max put his phone down after posting the photo to his story. He knew what people were going to think, but he didn't care. He joined Ana in the pool, all he could notice was how beautiful her eyes were, a dark brown that turned honey in the sun, and eyelashes that grew to her eyebrows, the blue of the pool reflecting in her eyes. The two stood next to the edge of the infinity pool, taking this opportunity to slip his hand around her waist and rest his face in her neck. They watched on as the sun set and the sky filled with a purple-pink haze.

"How beautiful" Ana looked in the distance at the sunset.

"Very" Max had not taken his eyes off of her.