𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙤: 𝙄𝙢𝙤𝙡𝙖

"Petranov finishes Q3 with a time of 1:14:790
securing her P5 for tomorrows race"

"Ahead of you is Leclerc, p4, Gasly behind, p6" Andrei said.

Ana stood in the garage with her head in her hands.

"I could've done so much better" she explained

Andrei took her hands in his. "It's ok Nastya"

"I was holding back because of the rain, I don't know what was wrong with me I was- I was scared"

The word scared was foreign on her tongue. She hated admitting that she felt fear, especially when it came to racing. But the rain had held her back and she needed to get over that fear before it sent her into a spiral.

The drive back to her hotel was short and she hadn't even bothered putting on music. The rest of the night was long, she had a clouded mind. Thoughts of Max and her relationship with Charles wouldn't leave. The anxiety was unbearable and she needed someone.

-

Minutes turned into hours and Ana had found herself back at the track. Life had felt like a dream and Ana thought that in a moment she'd wake up in Russia in her two bedroom home, surrounded by the posters on her walls of the greats, Lauda, Senna and Schumacher.

Ana was now sat in the car, facing the five lights that shone a bright red. Flicking her visor down and breathing in heavily. Ana almost seemed to never blink and would forget to breathe.

One, two, three, four, five

The lights went out.

The cars were off.

"Petranov passes Leclerc into turn one!"

The rainfall had stopped but the track was drying from the night before. Ana didn't push as hard as she could, fearing she'd spin out before she could get to lap two, but she had managed to pass Charles and she was now between Charles and Max, the irony in that was amusing.

The cars now grew distance between each other as they neared the 15th lap. With more overtakes happening in the mid field, the top three staying the same for nearly the whole race.

"Verstappen and Petranov are building an interesting rivalry here. Let's hope we don't have a repeat of Azerbaijan.
Christian Horners biting his nails for sure!"

The two Red Bulls were tyre to tyre. But between the Dutch and Russian drivers, and their egos that consumed them, neither was going to back off.

"She needs to fall back" A man in the pit crew spoke.

Christian Horner was torn, unaware on whether he should make the rookie back off or let her lead.

Ana's grip on the wheel was tight, and she could feel the pressure building.

Andrei watched the race like a hawk, do it, pass him. He was interrupted by a voice.

"She can't overtake him"

Christian Horner had made the decision to tell Ana to fall back.

"She can" Andrei defended.

"She can but she won't" Horner gave Andrei the order of telling her.

Andrei hesitated, staring Christian down.

"What are you waiting for?"

"She can do it"

"She does it and both cars go off track, What then?" Horners voice grew louder and more concerned.

"Ty mozhesh' obognat' yego" Andrei spoke to Ana.

you can beat him.

"smotret" she replied.

watch.

"ohhh and Petranov passes Verstappen in an incredible overtake, would you look at that!"

The crowd went wild. Ana could hear it from where she was in the car.

Andrei smiled, leaned back in his chair and continued watching the race.

P3, her first podium, but she couldn't be sure. In front of her was Lando who'd impressed everyone by gaining second place and holding his position so late into the Grand Prix.

"6 more laps Ana"

Ana copied. Max was behind her, still trying to fight his way onto the podium.

not happening verstappen

"And that's the chequered flag Ana!" Andrei smiled, shaking hands with the other engineers.

Ana cheered, celebrating her first podium before she even saw the trophy.

She climbed out of her car, taking off her helmet and balaclava.

"Looks like I've got some serious competition" a soft voice spoke behind her.

"Lewis, thank you" Ana couldn't conceal her smile.

He shook her hand and hugged her.

"I don't think we've met properly have we?"

Ana shook her head, hypnotised by Lewis' beauty, even after a race.

"That was some real good driving though, keep it up man" he smiled.

Winning a race to him seemed like routine. He was a humble man but being in his presence was like being around a god. Ana wouldn't admit it but she was starstruck.

Ana weighed in and made her way to the podium, and once her name was called she walked her way up, waving her hand in the air and standing beside Lewis. The taste of the champagne was sweet and although it got in her hair she didn't mind.

"Look at us" Lando smiled.

"Who knew" she replied.