𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙠

—

"Checkmate" Ana flicked Charles' queen piece off the chessboard.

"I'm good at this I'm just bad today" Charles brushed his fluffy brown hair back.

across from them was Natalia who was taking photos for George. He'd always been the model of the group, flashing his best smoulder at Natalia's camera. Charles looked up at Ana and smiled.

"Don't even ask me to take photos of you" Ana laughed.

The flight back to Monaco would be long, the four friends all lived in apartments on the coast of Monte Carlo, and Ana was grateful to call such a place home. Aleksander, her older brother would be in Monaco with his girlfriend, and she'd planned to spend time with him before she had to fly to Italy for the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix.

The four began to leave the airport, it was always easier to land in Monaco, there were no crowds of fans or paparazzi, just the occasional person asking for a signature or photo. It was late at night, they'd spent the day in the plane and the jet-lag had already begun to set in.

Natalia and George said goodbye to the two and left in their car. The air was warm, it was a Tuesday night but the streets were never empty in Monaco. People drove passed in luxury cars and an occasional helicopter could be heard in the now dark blue sky.

"What are you doing tomorrow" Charles broke the silence.

"Not much"

"My mother wanted me to ask you out for lunch, I mean I wanted to ask you, and not a date, she'll be there too" hearing Charles stumble over his words nervously made Ana chuckle, she placed a hand on his arm.

"I'd love to" she smiled softly.

He waited for her car and then the two parted ways. The idea of a warm bath, a show and a glass of wine made Ana almost fall asleep on the way to her apartment. She'd been greeted by the sound of a soft purr, her cat Diego made his way to her legs, pressing his ginger fur against her grey leggings. She picked him up although he weighed the same as a small toddler. She prepared herself for sleep, taking off her makeup and running a warm bath.

The view from her apartment was breathtaking, although she'd lived there for five years, the difference to Russia was indescribable. Russia was incredibly beautiful in its own way, but the beach and the city of Monaco never failed to amaze her.

She sat in the bath with her phone on the bench top, the show real housewives played in the background, Ana felt her body completely relax, she would have fallen asleep if it wasn't for the notification that she'd gotten.

𒊹︎INSTAGRAM                                         now
maxverstappen1 commented: "had fun"       𒊹︎

Ana rolled her eyes and bit down on her nail. She knew what he was doing and he knew what he was doing. To every person reading her comments it would seem like an innocent and friendly interaction, but only her and Max and Natalia knew what he meant by the comment. He wanted a game, so she played.

Ana liked the comment. Not responding but interacting enough to keep him wanting more. She didn't know how long this was going to continue, maybe until one of them broke, caved in and couldn't keep the craving at bay. It was a game but she would never admit that she found it fun.