𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙠 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚

"You look beautiful" Max greeted her with a kiss on her cheek.

Ana smelt the Tom Ford cologne that laced his neck. He led her out the hotel with his hand around her waist, opening her door and then taking his seat behind the wheel. Ana counted each star in the sky, the song fade away by Trevor Something, played in the car, the open windows let a cool breeze into the car and it played with the ends of Ana's hair. The lights blurred into one, people walked the streets with their friends and partners. Max drove to a restaurant that was popular in the small city.

Dim lights lit the interior of the restaurant. Different people sat at the tables, Max led her to their table. They ordered their food, Ana sipped on champagne, he drank whiskey. His hair fell on his face perfectly, his hands held his glass of whiskey as his veins pushed on his skin.

"I love that dress" he studied how her frame filled out the orange dress, it complemented her figure perfectly.

She placed her glass down, smiling slightly and looking the mysterious man in his eyes.

"I don't know a lot about you, Max" she spoke,  noticing how he bit down on his lip whenever he thought something over.

"I don't usually talk to the enemy" He returned the smile, flashing his perfect, white teeth.

"Hopefully we can leave the past fifteen years behind us" She lifted her glass, and with a clink their glasses touched, she drank and so did he. Their food came shortly, Ana had begun to feel comfortable around Max, able to be herself and speak what was on her mind.

"You used to hate me" she laughed slightly, swirling around the wine in her glass.

"Was it that obvious" he took a drink of his whiskey again.

"Everyone would tell me, it's just because he has a crush on you"

"Maybe they were right"

Ana looked up to Max, his stare was intense and captivating. His eyes seemed to sparkle in the light, she felt butterflies in her stomach and for the first time a man had made her nervous. She shook off this feeling, afraid it made her weak. Max slid his hand across the table and took Ana's hand in his. He rubbed his thumb against her palm and watched as her shoulders relaxed.

"Don't be so nervous"

"I'm not" she protested

Max leaned back in his chair, he studied her carefully, how she wanted to be perceived as intimidating but was falling for Max's charm instead. Ana rolled her shoulders back and fixed her hair for a moment. Suddenly the two had gone quiet. It was like they hated each other but at the same time neither one of them could deny the growing tension between them. Max took his foot under the table and placed it in between Ana's feet, he moved her foot with his, her legs slowly parting. No words left the two, they sat as the tension grew thicker and stronger. Ana knew what game Max was playing, so she decided to play along. She took her foot and slowly snaked it up Max's leg. Max took in a deep breath, he leaned back into his chair, causing his legs to move closer to hers under the table. Ana's leg continued to snake up his until she reached his lap, she left her white high-heel there.

"Are you finished?" Max asked

Ana raised her eyebrows and for a moment felt a sting of embarrassment.

"The food" he continued, gesturing to the plates in front of them.

"Yes" she was relieved that he was speaking about the dinner and not her leg that rested in his lap.

Max raised his hand, calling for a waiter to take their food, he rested one hand on her leg, slightly tracing circles into her tanned skin. A waiter came and began to clear their table. Ana reached into her bag to get her credit card when Max started to chuckle slightly.